• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,381 posts in this topic

So the 1.8 TOT's next bid will be at $2,040 W/ the BP, and that's W/ 19 days -almost 3 weeks- to go.  I too am interested, but as is often the case at HA, it'll sail well past the contents in my coin purse. 

Any speculation as to what the final hammer will be at?  With the 5.0 closing at approximately 25 grand, that's five thousand per grade point, meaning if this one follows suit, it may go for 9 grand.  What do you think?

On 8/28/2023 at 12:23 AM, fifties said:

So the 1.8 TOT's next bid will be at $2,040 W/ the BP, and that's W/ 19 days -almost 3 weeks- to go.  I too am interested, but as is often the case at HA, it'll sail well past the contents in my coin purse. 

Any speculation as to what the final hammer will be at?  With the 5.0 closing at approximately 25 grand, that's five thousand per grade point, meaning if this one follows suit, it may go for 9 grand.  What do you think?

No idea and no way to project these days. I do believe more serious bidders have been eyeing the 1.8. I believe the sale of the 5.0 will drive up the price of the 1.8 more so than if the 5.0 had never been offered.

As rare as this book is, there are 29 on the census and I know of at least 5 other ungraded copies. And how many unknown copies? Two in one auction. I believe these prices might bring out a few more soon.

On 8/28/2023 at 7:47 AM, Robot Man said:

No idea and no way to project these days. I do believe more serious bidders have been eyeing the 1.8. I believe the sale of the 5.0 will drive up the price of the 1.8 more so than if the 5.0 had never been offered.

As rare as this book is, there are 29 on the census and I know of at least 5 other ungraded copies. And how many unknown copies? Two in one auction. I believe these prices might bring out a few more soon.

The census is just an indication of how many copies exist...do not let that fool you, this book is impossible to get because the owners of it know, that if they sell it would be impossible to replace and probably overtime cost a lot more money. If it is a stretch then make it, you will not be sorry. I agree with robo, contents can enhance the value, this has COT1 in it. That adds value, Robo your content on your copy is fantastic!

Edited by Mmehdy

On 8/28/2023 at 12:23 AM, fifties said:

Current bid on TTA #1 at Ha  is $2500 or $3000 with BP with 16 days to go....I think it will be under 5K going into the auction and then it who really wants it. Under 10K agreed.

Edited by Mmehdy

On 9/2/2023 at 7:08 PM, Sarg said:

Speaking of "EC adjacent" items...if you'll indulge me with a non-comics item for one post. 

On the cover of Lucky Fights It Through (1949), the upper right corner shows a record and says, "The story of that ignorant, ignorant cowboy. All words and music of the song favorite." In the centerfold, a cowboy sings "That Ignorant, Ignorant Cowboy," and all the music and lyrics are printed. 

Song favorite? How could a song about venereal disease become a "favorite"? Well, that part was hyperbole. 

But the record was actually released on 78 rpm. The singer is Tom Glazer. There is no label, but it has a location of Communications Material Center of Columbia University Press, New York. Copyright 1949." It was also issued commercially on Mercury Records. 

Screen Shot 2023-09-02 at 6.45.04 PM.png

IMG_1059.jpeg

I had to Google it :D

Edited by Telegan