• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,381 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2023 at 7:45 AM, Robot Man said:

I’ve seen Grant’s collection several times. Believe me, nobody around has had the inside scoop to the world of EC than he has had…

will you be there?

On 7/24/2023 at 8:04 PM, Mmehdy said:

Great EC panel on Sat. Lots of images of private commissions by Johnny Craig.. EC fandom is alive and well. More books coming on EC!!!!! There is a "Flegal" book coming collecting all the non-EC stories that is gonna knock everyone's socks off.... Williamson and gang....

By the way without Hollywood the comic con was just fine, one thing I noticed the floor was much more crowded. I also attended the FrankFrazetta panel...and there is a major documentary being made while we speak. They previewed the first 5 Mins, it has been in the works since 2019...fantastic. This years SDCC a knockout

Good to see the most famous comic-con getting back to basics, i.e comics.

Who needs Hollyweird anyway?

The holly grail of EC comic book collecting the very rare "Tales of Terror Ann #1 "is up for bid today on CC. As most of you are aware this is a fresh copy to the collectors market. It is stunning...to say the least. There are 31 copies on the census and only 5 are rated higher and I know of one ungraded copy which I have held in my hands many times. BUT the deep color on this copy is fantastic. I have seen over the years 3 graded as well and nothing touches this copy by a mile.  It is graded 5.0 unrestored but for color depth I give it a 9.0.  This is probably the last original  owner collection copy to come out. check out out the short video...this is a once in a lifetime book!!!!! I saw it in person at SDCC in the CC glass showcase, it is the real deal!!!!!!

PS: When I saw the book, I placed a value of 50K Min...I think it will go for less at this auction, but whoever gets it...just wow

Edited by Mmehdy

On 7/31/2023 at 9:56 AM, Mmehdy said:

The holly grail of EC comic book collecting the very rare "Tales of Terror Ann #1 "is up for bid today on CC. As most of you are aware this is a fresh copy to the collectors market. It is stunning...to say the least. There are 31 copies on the census and only 5 are rated higher and I know of one ungraded copy which I have held in my hands many times. BUT the deep color on this copy is fantastic. I have seen over the years 3 graded as well and nothing touches this copy by a mile.  It is graded 5.0 unrestored but for color depth I give it a 9.0.  This is probably the last original  owner collection copy to come out. check out out the short video...this is a once in a lifetime book!!!!! I saw it in person at SDCC in the CC glass showcase, it is the real deal!!!!!!

PS: When I saw the book, I placed a value of 50K Min...I think it will go for less at this auction, but whoever gets it...just wow

While the coloring on the CC Tales Of Annual #1 is beautiful, I saw it raw on Instagram before it was sent in and a big piece of the upper spine is missing. Considering how harshly CGC grades books with split spines, I’m wondering how it received a 5.0. I’ve had otherwise great looking books with spine splits generally get 3.5’s or 4.0’s.

On 7/31/2023 at 1:24 PM, Ghastly542454 said:

While the coloring on the CC Tales Of Annual #1 is beautiful, I saw it raw on Instagram before it was sent in and a big piece of the upper spine is missing. Considering how harshly CGC grades books with split spines, I’m wondering how it received a 5.0. I’ve had otherwise great looking books with spine splits generally get 3.5’s or 4.0’s.

looking at it in person at SDCC,  It can be a different experience  and as I have held a raw copy in my hands as well as seen other graded ones, I think the grade at 5.0 is solid based upon my in person look, the book is not perfect but what is at 5.0...and as you are aware some of the graded copies have tape on the spine....whoever  wins this  books will be a winner all the way just check out the video!

Edited by Mmehdy

Major movements on the impossible Tales of Terror ANN #1  currently at auction on CC.  With 21 days  to go current bid is $14,277... still a fraction of value but up quite a bit from the low initial bid. I hope someone here gets the WIN on this....deepest color copy I have ever seen in my 50+ years of collecting.