• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,381 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2023 at 12:23 AM, fifties said:

So the 1.8 TOT's next bid will be at $2,040 W/ the BP, and that's W/ 19 days -almost 3 weeks- to go.  I too am interested, but as is often the case at HA, it'll sail well past the contents in my coin purse. 

Any speculation as to what the final hammer will be at?  With the 5.0 closing at approximately 25 grand, that's five thousand per grade point, meaning if this one follows suit, it may go for 9 grand.  What do you think?

Looks like my "prediction" was pretty close.

On 9/16/2023 at 2:26 PM, Mmehdy said:

spot on...what is your prediction for 1.5 restore coming up!!!

Could reach $7500, based on the 5K per grade point supposition, but I suspect somewhat lower B/C of restoration, the chunk out of the bottom left FC, and additionally I don't like the way the top appears trimmed, even though not noted by CGC.

Under normal circumstances, if a cover image registers high, there is more of it at the bottom.  If you compare the recent 1.8 sale with the 1.5, looking at the yellow triangle distance from the bottom edge, both books appear the same.

Edited by fifties

On 10/8/2023 at 9:13 AM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

Ok, this is not an EC book per se, but don't you just love the tribute to EC and Gaines that's depicted on this cover?

:cloud9:

bhtyy.jpg

I see the resemblance but more likely it's Myron Fass drawing himself onto the cover. Either way it's a great cover!

On 10/8/2023 at 12:52 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

GAINES

image.jpeg.2367671b9a5dccdd5f34cb69c1c392a0.jpeg

FASS

Myron Fass - Wikipedia

image.png.292ca9649e0a1e9e680b0e782f09daac.png

hm

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-pre-code-horror-of-myron-fass-in-beware-up-for-auction/

Again I see the resemblance to Gaines, this article just goes with the theory it is Fass. Not going to say anymore on the subject.  I do have a earlier pic of Fass from 62, on the cover of one of his monster books.

thriller 001.jpg

Edited by Hap Hazard