• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,329 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2024 at 7:52 AM, Robot Man said:

I’m still missing Crime Patrol 15, Moon Girl 5 and Shock Illustrated 3. And unlikely at this point to have them. And like many of you here, mine are a million miles away from 9.2. I just consider myself very fortunate to have what I have.

And, unless I am probably missing something, why is Shock 15 on that list? 

I think you mean 14, use in Senate Subcommittee investigations

Shock SuspenStories14.jpg

On 1/15/2024 at 8:32 PM, Ameri said:

recent pickups

comic EC Crime Suspenstories 17 camera.JPG

comic EC Frontline Combat 13.jpg

comic EC Mad 5 camera.jpg

comic EC Vault of Horror 37 HANGING COVER.jpg

That Crime Suspense 17 really brings back memories. Was one of the first ECs I ever found. Pulled it out of a pile at a flea market in my early teens. Was just shocking to a kid with a steady diet of Jimmy Olsen and Spiderman…

On 1/17/2024 at 9:26 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Yours is closer to what was supposed to be covered, Vol. 1 No. 15 (Formally Vault of Horror) Mine the registration was off and you can clearly see it.

Works for me!  :wink:

On 5/19/2014 at 11:02 PM, jimjum12 said:

The HOF 12 I just got is an OSPG "Classic Cover" ... but CGC doesn't put it on the label ..... heck, more EC's are probably classic than not.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I agree. You may remember just how lame the creator and key comments were on the old CGC labels. It was a travesty...  

On 5/30/2020 at 1:11 AM, jpepx78 said:

I don’t think the colors are faded. Here are 2 Gaines Files copies of Weird Fantasy 15 from the Heritage archive that shows a purple cover and a blue cover.

If we assume there has not been any fading in these GF copies, I believe the difference is due to the slight variation in the mixing of the printing inks. Since comics were printed using a 4 color CMYK process (cyan, magenta, yellow & black), a slight variation in the ratio in one of the inks will make a visible difference in the color. I tried to duplicate the cover colors using a CMYK blender. For example if the ratio of the cyan ink is changed (by mixing up ratios), purplish color can turn into bluish color. So less rigorous print quality control might explain the prevalent cover color variations in Fiction House books and other comics that people have discussed previously.

wf15 gfp.jpg

wf15 gfb.jpg

cmyk p.jpg

cmyk b.jpg

An excellent example of how different color variations can happen during the printing process... :foryou: