• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,517 posts in this topic

If that’s hers, then I’ll go out in a limb ( that beautiful limb behind the pointing guy) and say it’s her best work for EC. 

Edited by KirbyJack

On 9/7/2024 at 5:06 AM, Larryw7 said:

I haven’t posted in this thread for awhile. Great books everyone, and I’m curious about the new EC comics. I bought this a few weeks ago but forgot to post in this thread, where it truly belongs.

IMG_0133.jpeg

Awsome book! So creepy!

The new ECs are OK I guess. They have some of the original flair but NOTHING like this…

On 9/7/2024 at 5:06 AM, Larryw7 said:

I haven’t posted in this thread for awhile. Great books everyone, and I’m curious about the new EC comics. I bought this a few weeks ago but forgot to post in this thread, where it truly belongs.

IMG_0133.jpeg

The SC-FI are much better in my opinion than the horror....I would start with CU#1!

On 9/7/2024 at 4:27 PM, Raze said:

First sharing in awhile... Im excited to have it and at the price I got it for. This was on the list of books I never thought Id own. I did post this in the PGM thread just to get a consensus on the book.

Also does anyone know if I were to send this in for grading will they list the issues that are inside? Those issues are 

HoF 13, TFTC 45, SSS5 and VOH 27

Scan 2024-9-7 17.30.01.jpg

Nice! The Horror annuals are probably among my favorite ECs. CGC used to list contents on their labels. Jim Halperin “convinced” them to do so. So if you ask, you can probably get them to do it now. 

On 9/7/2024 at 8:45 PM, Point Five said:

Since you guys were discussing Marie Severin's cover coloring a few days ago... here's another absolute stunner. All the rich browns and reds, soft grays and teeny tiny pops of green.

weirdscience13.thumb.jpg.91a8d4cbb72ee55f4baf426902cc2e9f.jpg

One of my favs - beauty.

On 9/5/2024 at 11:14 AM, Robot Man said:

I concur. I could go out on a limb and state that Marie Severin was (and is) the best colorist in the business.

I'm not sure there is any better color design done for comics than her work on the last couple years of EC.

On 9/9/2024 at 4:28 PM, Telegan said:

I know a lot of guys aren't into autographs, but I thought this seemed like a somewhat unique item for sale on Heritage yesterday that I was watching.  I never would've guessed it would go for what it did.  Holy cow.

image.thumb.png.92676f270b862d23cd1a95df1d2228a0.png

image.thumb.png.ac5b21c2c6fa84fef7f67aeaa6d7e2f8.png

That is quite the group of signatures!

Never heard of the 1953 Fan-Vet Convention. Obviously, a pretty early fan gathering. With only 15 copies this is quite elite. Obviously treasured by their owners. I know I would never sell it.

If anybody had one, Roger would be a likely owner.

9K? Seems steep for a good copy of this book but good luck ever finding an EC like this…:golfclap:

On 9/10/2024 at 10:23 AM, Robot Man said:

That is quite the group of signatures!

Never heard of the 1953 Fan-Vet Convention. Obviously, a pretty early fan gathering. With only 15 copies this is quite elite. Obviously treasured by their owners. I know I would never sell it.

If anybody had one, Roger would be a likely owner.

9K? Seems steep for a good copy of this book but good luck ever finding an EC like this…:golfclap:

This may have been the convention :

https://fanac.org/fanzines/Fan-Vet/Fan-Vet0305-00.html

https://fancyclopedia.org/Fanvet_Convention