• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I sometimes say the best comic book artist of all time was Wally Wood on a good day... but he had a lot of bad days as well, particularly later in his career.  This was a good day:

Incredible_SF_33.jpg

One of the best Sci Fi covers ever!

6 hours ago, Jayman said:

Weird Science # 19.JPG

There was a Sci Fi film in 1954 entitled, "Riders to the Stars", starring Richard Carlson.  I don't remember the story exactly, but IIRC three rockets were sent up into the stratosphere, and one blew up.  Carlson's character looked out the window and saw a skull in a space helmet floating by.  Eerie coincidence, maybe?  Anyway, here's a link to the full movie; https://ok.ru/video/1500416117349  Here's a link to the colorized version; https://ok.ru/video/2086645402239

Edited by fifties

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Like all the EC artists, Feldstein had his own style. Like Wood but unlike Williamson, he was very virsital and executed not only covers but interior stories to almost the whole line of ECs. 

He was there from the start. He and Craig probably did the most work for this publisher. 

And don’t forget, he also wrote most of their output. He was a very busy man.

When EC stopped publishing comics, he was the Editor of MAD for like forever. 

Do you get the feeling I am a Feldstein fan?

Fully agree! He was also famous enough (along with Gaines) to be immortalized on this Atlas cover. It really looks like them. RM, did you ever speak with your EC authority buddy whether he believes this is in fact supposed to be Feldstein and Gaines?

Strange Tales # 50.jpg