• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2024 at 12:27 PM, EC ed said:

:bump: for today's mail call - a bit of an upgrade to my raw VG/FN'ish copy. Would still love to upgrade issues 3, 5, 6, & 7 of this title...but talk about TOUGH :D

animalfables1a_f.thumb.png.764c75f083b70cfc3befdbed4ba9ea58.png

Nice one Ed and yes very tough. As are all the humor EC pre trends. Books like this have very minimal interest these days except to EC completists. And higher grade ones still bring pretty good money.

I still hunt them just for fun but I really have no need to complete them unless I bump into them cheap and lower grade. I think pumping a lot of money into them is a losing proposition long term to me. 

On 3/22/2024 at 7:09 AM, KirbyJack said:

Great book!

Interesting similarity between Feldstein’s attacking ship there and Wood’s mother ship here.

IMG_2282.thumb.jpeg.4d7615ce612956521700b5b6f1cd8279.jpeg

I always thought Ford got their idea for their 50's TBirds from the mother ship on this Wally Wood cover. ;)

I've always loved this cover and the cover of Tales from the Crypt #39 and was happy to finally get a nice copy of each of them within a month of one another not too long ago.  I could stare at the art for days.

On 3/23/2024 at 8:20 PM, Telegan said:

I always thought Ford got their idea for their 50's TBirds from the mother ship on this Wally Wood cover. ;)

I get you. I’ve referred to it as a Space Studebaker. 

Is Panic #1 heating up for some reason?  Someone posted they were looking for a copy in the Want to Buy threads, and I thought I could track one down quickly.  But a check on eBay shows that a copy missing a back cover went for $79 and a 1.5 for $179.  For ages it was a book you could get a decent mid-grade copy cheap.

Panic_01.jpg

I understand your confusion. 
You’re right; Panic 1 was easy and cheap. Then the universe heard that I kind of wanted one, and the pricing you see now kicked in. 
The good news is, after I get a copy and then make the decision to sell it, prices will drop right back down again. 

On 4/10/2024 at 12:28 PM, KirbyJack said:

IMG_1050.thumb.jpeg.09f9701691c2c28c3bf8e020f6c7e623.jpeg

It was all I could do to resist posting this after fifties’ copy, but two on one page was too much for me. 

I was thinking the same.  Its been awhile since I saw a single copy.  Now all of a sudden, they are popping up.