• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2017 at 12:59 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 12/12/2017 at 1:15 PM, 29dukedog said:

Ingels and gothic horror; I don't think there has ever been a better marriage of an artist to a particular genre in the entire history of comics...

You just knew I was going to say Baker and romance!  Although I'd also throw in Barks and funny animals. 

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

You just knew I was going to say Baker and romance!  Although I'd also throw in Barks and funny animals. 

Wish I could pull either of those off. I am sure there is an original Baker cover existing but I haven't seen one.

18 hours ago, MrBedrock said:
22 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Wish I could pull either of those off. I am sure there is an original Baker cover existing but I haven't seen one.

I think Heritage auctioned a Barks WDC&S cover not too long ago.  It was one of the later issues with multiple panels of which, I think, Barks had only done one.  So not the greatest example.  I bid on it, but like most of his stuff, it went pretty high.

I know we've had this discussion before, but are any of the OA covers to Baker's St John books know to have survived?  The cover to Seven Seas 6 exists and, I would guess, the covers to the other SS books may as well.  Apparently they surfaced from the Phoenix syndicate files, but I don't know the full story behind that.