• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,319 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2018 at 8:45 PM, Jayman said:

Have always wanted this book. Don't know why it took me so long to get one. Love how the corpse is winking at you. Like an unspoken nod to all the kids and fans back in the 50's that "got it" and knew that these books were just innocent fun reading enjoyment. As opposed to the groups that were trying to ban them for corrupting the youth!

Haunt%20Of%20Fear%20%2010_zps6tjatjkw.jp

Glad you finally got this issue, Jay! I've had my copy since 1998 -- one of the first "real" Haunts I got. A wonderful Feldstein cover, one of my favorites from him!

Edited by originalisbest
Speling

The one I was happiest to get was the Saddle Romances #11. Just impossible to find and I love the Feldstein girl art. The westerns can be tough too.  My favorite covers in this bunch are Vault #13, Haunt #14 and Shock #17. And the Weird Sciences...I just love all those great Woody covers  :x  For some reason, I like the Sciences over the Fantasys a little better. I guess it's the Wood covers. 

17 hours ago, originalisbest said:

I love EC Romance! Only have two, one coverless.

Brian Peets of A-1 Comics is the guy who has a short box of coverless Modern Love 5; I just bought one at WonderCon from him, and others have been putting some up on ebay

Edited by sacentaur
change to ML 5

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

The one I was happiest to get was the Saddle Romances #11. Just impossible to find and I love the Feldstein girl art. The westerns can be tough too.  My favorite covers in this bunch are Vault #13, Haunt #14 and Shock #17. And the Weird Sciences...I just love all those great Woody covers  :x  For some reason, I like the Sciences over the Fantasys a little better. I guess it's the Wood covers. 

George Evans never seems to get the props he deserves, so...  

sss17_11of12.jpg

CrimeSuspense23a.jpg

Just now, 29dukedog said:

sss17_11of12.jpg

One of my favorite EC covers! Always makes me wonder whether that pitchfork is meant for the girl or the scarecrow! Nice books! (thumbsu

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Been on quite the EC tear lately. This is what has landed in the junk pile in the past week. Just chipping away at my third set...

7D695DAA-435B-4EBA-BBF5-9E2DEAC6609F.jpeg

Great haul, love those Ingels' western covers (and the two HOFs, of course)!

12 hours ago, gojira said:

Haven't posted in here for a while as I don't purchase many books lately. Here's my first 2018 purchase and a couple of books from my collection that came back from CGC:

40363112574_f37844a7aa_b.jpg

Love me some Wally Wood, and this Weird Science #13 is a beauty! (thumbsu

5 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

sss17_11of12.jpg

The brilliant color design by Marie Severin adds much to the mood of the scene. :applause:

15 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Brian Peets of A-1 Comics is the guy who has a short box of coverless Modern Love 4; I just bought one at WonderCon from him, and others have been putting some up on ebay

I think the one you mention that's pretty available on eBay, etc. is Modern Love #5 -- with "SHAME!" being the lead story splash -- I do have a coverless copy of that one. Thanks though for the heads up! I think it's really neat when a group of a given issue comes to light -- of course, if everything in that group is pretty good shape, it becomes a very common book (looking at you, THING! #16) but, suppose someone had needed a centerfold for their Modern Love #5 for years -- they're golden now! :)

Edited by originalisbest

12 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

One of my favorite EC covers! Always makes me wonder whether that pitchfork is meant for the girl or the scarecrow! Nice books! (thumbsu

Read the book in a reprint form, if not an original -- the pitchfork is meant for the scarecrow, but, of course, with an EC-twist forthcoming. :)

2 hours ago, originalisbest said:

I think the one you mention that's pretty available on eBay, etc. is Modern Love #5 -- with "SHAME!" being the lead story splash -- 

Oops a typo, thanks for the correction. (thumbsu

On 3/28/2018 at 3:52 PM, Robot Man said:

Been on quite the EC tear lately. This is what has landed in the junk pile in the past week. Just chipping away at my third set...

7D695DAA-435B-4EBA-BBF5-9E2DEAC6609F.jpeg

The past week?!  That's impressive!