• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage August Auction

301 posts in this topic

Here I was hoping a good KJ page was coming up but I actually found that page (and plenty of others in the book) so disturbing that I would never want to own it. Plenty of other good ones to choose from - if they ever surface.

By the description, it's this one, right?

oracle1.jpg?w=194

Here's the actual OA:

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1084829&GSub=42604

It sold/traded for a pretty high "value", though. Would be curious what the reserve is in Heritage.

Did you think the value it traded for was high? I know what was floated to me, as what the old owner wanted in trade,was far far higher than what it eventually changed hands at.

I'm confused--how many times has it changed hands recently? Is Dale Jackson the consignor to HA?

Dale Jackson's CAF posting says he posted it in January 2014 but it's also in his Sold folder. So he sold/traded it since thenn and now the new owner is putting it into HA?

Dale Jackson's CAF posting says he posted it in January 2014 but it's also in his Sold folder. So he sold/traded it since thenn and now the new owner is putting it into HA?

Yes, it appears that way.

All I care is that whoever bought it from Dale Jackson is not a celeb/billionaire but is known to Gene, and that whoever buys it at auction is also not a celeb/billionaire but is known to Gene.

That will confirm that the laws of nature have not been altered yet and the sun will continue to rise.

All I care is that whoever bought it from Dale Jackson is not a celeb/billionaire but is known to Gene, and that whoever buys it at auction is also not a celeb/billionaire but is known to Gene.

That will confirm that the laws of nature have not been altered yet and the sun will continue to rise.

Well the guy who bought it/traded for it from Dale has been on CAF for years and posted it in his gallery when he acquired it....and is not a celeb/billionaire....so we're halfway home. lol

Well the guy who bought it/traded for it from Dale has been on CAF for years and posted it in his gallery when he acquired it....and is not a celeb/billionaire....so we're halfway home. lol

Yes, but is he known to Gene??!

;)

Figuring out which usual suspects would be in contention for the Hulk #180 page was easy. Figuring out which misogynistic miscreant is going to walk away with this awful page is an equation with far more variables. :baiting:

Figuring out which usual suspects would be in contention for the Hulk #180 page was easy. Figuring out which misogynistic miscreant is going to walk away with this awful page is an equation with far more variables. :baiting:

That would seem to be a much larger buyer's pool. lol

That would seem to be a much larger buyer's pool. lol

lol(worship)

Yeah I dunno. Everybody seems to be saying how 'awful' this is (and its certainly not strawberry shortcake), but I don't view it as any more awful than the Miracleman rape pages (in fact didn't Hari - whom we'll both agree is none of those things - buy a page like that?) and I don't view it as any worse than the "eating life and pooping skulls" or the mass genocide and skulls on fenceposts in MM. I haven't read From Hell in quite some time but it surely stands to reason there is some dark content there too when you have a serial killer preying on hookers. Or, in V for Vendetta, where you basically have someone holding someone else in captivity for years to brainwash and reprogram them. If anything dark subject matter is part of what made Moore's work interesting at the time. Some will like it not for the fact its "awful" (kinda is) but for the fact that its an important part in the story.

Would I buy it? Well no. (Even if price wasn't an issue having never spent more than 18k on a single piece). But I wouldn't think that someone who did buy it was some disgusting lecher any more than I think Hari is anything but a very nice guy despite owning some MM man-on-man (forced) action? :insane:

Its a comic book page not a nazi uniform guys 2c

But I wouldn't think that someone who did buy it was some disgusting lecher any more than I think Hari is anything but a very nice guy despite owning some MM man-on-man (forced) action? :insane:

You don't know Hari like I know Hari. :gossip::insane:

But I wouldn't think that someone who did buy it was some disgusting lecher any more than I think Hari is anything but a very nice guy despite owning some MM man-on-man (forced) action? :insane:

:o

Still sore, huh?

Yeah I dunno. Everybody seems to be saying how 'awful' this is (and its certainly not strawberry shortcake), but I don't view it as any more awful than the Miracleman rape pages (in fact didn't Hari - whom we'll both agree is none of those things - buy a page like that?) and I don't view it as any worse than the "eating life and pooping skulls" or the mass genocide and skulls on fenceposts in MM. I haven't read From Hell in quite some time but it surely stands to reason there is some dark content there too when you have a serial killer preying on hookers. Or, in V for Vendetta, where you basically have someone holding someone else in captivity for years to brainwash and reprogram them. If anything dark subject matter is part of what made Moore's work interesting at the time. Some will like it not for the fact its "awful" (kinda is) but for the fact that its an important part in the story.

Would I buy it? Well no. (Even if price wasn't an issue having never spent more than 18k on a single piece). But I wouldn't think that someone who did buy it was some disgusting lecher any more than I think Hari is anything but a very nice guy despite owning some MM man-on-man (forced) action? :insane:

Its a comic book page not a nazi uniform guys 2c

In all seriousness, the 80s were all about grim and gritty, and being realistic. And Moore definitely explored concepts and situations like no other in the media before or since. I not only have the "difficult to view" pages from the Olympus storyline, but I also have the beautiful Veitch birth sequence pages from issue #9. Again, not something one would display on the wall, but a historic moment in comics and part of what made these comics great.

The scene in KJ is important, and my guess is most KJ fans would be happy to own it. It'll probably hurt the price a bit as it won't go as high as an A+ Batman or Joker page in costume, but make no mistake it'll still go for more than an average KJ page. Most pages are locked up in collections, so you'd be taking a very risky chance if you think you'll just wait for the next one.

Still sore, huh?

:signfunny: