• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage August Auction

301 posts in this topic

I think he drank the price discovery koolaid :insane: Where's Gene ne when you need him?

(tsk)

Telling people what you're going to do advances their information, not yours.

Only if you tell the truth :whistle:

Just put together my "really want" list which is 8 pieces in total. If I am extremely lucky, maybe 1 piece ...

You need to publicly disclose that list in this thread. :rulez:

Just put together my "really want" list which is 8 pieces in total. If I am extremely lucky, maybe 1 piece ...

You need to publicly disclose that list in this thread. :rulez:

Okay, here ya go

John Buscema and Jim Mooney Amazing Spider-Man #76 "The Lizard Lives!" Page 20 Original Art (Marvel, 1969).

Jack Kirby and Bill Everett Tales to Astonish #82 "Battle Cry of the Boomerang!" Page 9 Original Art (Marvel, 1966).

Wally Wood Haunt of Fear #6 "So They Finally Pinned You Down!" Splash Page 1 Original Art (EC, 1951).

Joe Orlando and Vince Colletta Daredevil #3 "The Owl, Ominous Overlord of Crime!" Page 3 Original Art (Marvel, 1964).

Ross Andru and Jim Mooney Marvel Team-Up #3 Spider-Man and Morbius Splash Page 1 Original Art (Marvel, 1972).

John Buscema and Sal Buscema Thor #217 Splash Page 1 Original Art (Marvel, 1973).

Don Heck and Johnny Craig Iron Man #26 Splash Page 1 Original Art (Marvel, 1970).

John Romita Sr. and Joe Sinnott Fantastic Four #106 Page 21 Original Art (Marvel, 1971).

yeah, those are my eight :devil:

ATTENTION WRIGHTSON FANS... I dont follow the wrightson market and was hoping someone on the list with more knowledge then I could shed some light as to what they think the twisted tales and the Hanover Fiste portfolio plate will go for and why?

thanks,

Matthew

Just found my Grail

Wanted to save you all some big bucks coz I'm going to the mat for this one so S.T.A.Y A.W.A.Y!!!!!

I'm not a poker player but I think you can say this is my pair of deuces.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/miscellaneous/coming-soon-/p/7097-123009.s

bluff... I THINK NOT!

Punishment snipe placed...

For this piece, the real punishment would be to not bid it up and let Zaddick actually win it!

Just found my Grail

Wanted to save you all some big bucks coz I'm going to the mat for this one so S.T.A.Y A.W.A.Y!!!!!

I'm not a poker player but I think you can say this is my pair of deuces.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/miscellaneous/coming-soon-/p/7097-123009.s

bluff... I THINK NOT!

Punishment snipe placed...

For this piece, the real punishment would be to not bid it up and let Zaddick actually win it!

lol

I already mentioned the Triumph and Torment page elsewhere, so why not play along?

I am seriously watching four items and am considering putting the rest of my year into them. Thing is, I already had my eye on two big purchases for the comic art con! It will be these, the few items on comiclink, or those two comic art con pieces...and likely little to no more all year!

Mignola Triumph & Torment page

BWS Stormwatch cover

Rick Leonardi / Al Williamson New Mutants cover

Kevin Nowlan Alpha flight cover

There is also some dark horse action on the Williamson Corrigan strip dated 8-14 - my anniversary! So I will watch that one as well with some chance of going for it.

I'd say the plate is worth about $5. It may go for $10 or $12. Any higher is out of ignorance. It is one of 4 common plates of the Apparitions portfolio. The more difficult one has 5 plates. If you check eBay, the portfolio usually sells between $25 and $50.

As for the Twisted Tales cover..... Bernie covers are starting to go extremely high. His artwork in general has gone up considerably lately. I'd low end guess 8-10k, but would not be surprised if it was driven higher.

www.wrightsoncollector.com

Thankyou wrightson fan for responding to my message. So the twisted tales cover at 8-10k.

The porfolio piece of Hanover Fiste is not a print but the actual original art painting. I think you thought I was asking how much the print goes for. How much is that original worth?

I already mentioned the Triumph and Torment page elsewhere.

If I didn't already own one (and there weren't 7 other pieces I wanted in this auction doh! ) I would have gone for that one as well. Took me years to get mine, either they aren't out there or the collectors that have them don't want to part with them. Good luck ! You'll be pleasantly surprised how large the page actually is (and it's on DC paper ! )

If I didn't already own one (and there weren't 7 other pieces I wanted in this auction doh! ) I would have gone for that one as well. Took me years to get mine, either they aren't out there or the collectors that have them don't want to part with them. Good luck ! You'll be pleasantly surprised how large the page actually is (and it's on DC paper ! )

Oh, I already own one so I know how big they are! I fell asleep on that one on ebay last month - I may not have won but would have gone about $150 higher than the $950 or so it ended at.

Oh, I already own one so I know how big they are! I fell asleep on that one on ebay last month - I may not have won but would have gone about $150 higher than the $950 or so it ended at.

I passed on that one as there was almost no Dr Doom in it :grin:

The original art for Hanover is tuff to peg. Some of his paintings for the older artwork are around 15k. Others I've seen as high as 25k. This is a very popular piece, but right now I'm seeing a lot of quality popular pieces of his available.

The Badtimes Stories at Coolines is making me buy lottery tickets....http://www.coollinesartwork.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=299179&ArtistId=439&Details=1&From=Room

www.wrightsoncollector.com