• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Detective #110

19 posts in this topic

thanks for the words, but are you guys looking at the expanded images by clicking the magnifier twice. I can't see this anywhere near an 8.0 with that chip out of the top of the spine. hm

Here is a book that was in the grading tournament

I kinda used this as a frame of reference when I looked at your book

Ave 9.2 paper loss at top right corner

AVE_zps7592b75c.jpg

Looks like a classic 7.5!

That Avengers at 9.2 is Stupid!! (stupid, like insane grade! Really?)

Oh trust me I agree it's stupid but was using it as a frame of reference

Nice copy! About a 7.0 as is ( maybe 7.5 from CGC if you got the GA bump). Looks like an excellent pressing candidate, and i would not be surprised with 9.0 afterwards.

And that Avengers is only useful as a frame of reference as to CGC's occasional ability to come up with a grade that most sellers would be embarrassed to use on a raw book.

if three or more graders looked at that and agreed its a 9.2 with that piece out, then I have a bottle of liquid propellant I made in the basement I'll sell you.

AVE_zps7592b75c.jpg

if three or more graders looked at that and agreed its a 9.2 with that piece out, then I have a bottle of liquid propellant I made in the basement I'll sell you.

AVE_zps7592b75c.jpg

That is NOT a 9.2 :o

AVE_zps7592b75c.jpg

That is NOT a 9.2 :o

But those big numbers at the top on the left hand side say otherwise! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :o

Couldn't agree with you more on this one Bill! I can't imagine that they attributed the missing edge to a bindery/production defect?