• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman/Batman #15

39 posts in this topic

I don't know if X-Men necessarily needs a reboot, it just needs to be contained. It's too much of a financial "genie in a bottle" for Marvel to do that so they milk it for what it's worth. But I have steered clear from Marvel's merry mutants since the Jim Lee days. I did sample Morrison's X-Men in hardcover, and I am enjoying Whedon's Astonishing while it lasts.

LOSH is something else entirely. We talked about this in another thread and how Levitz is predicting the December Legion relaunch (a streamlined reboot) as being their next big thing on par with IC and GL:Rebith. I think the only thing that is maintaining Legion's mediocre sales has been that militant core group of Legion fans who have "stuck it out".

The only thing that could really help Legion is to introduce the characters to a new generation of non-hardcore comic book fans and see if it tweaks their curiousity. I'm currently watching Season 3 of Smallville on DVD and I think that show would be a great place to launch the Legion. They could have a couple of episodes that "Smallville-style" resemble their first few appearances in Adventure (with Clark as Clark, not Superboy). If the response is strong, have an adventure or two with Clark going to the 30th century.

The trade of the first arc is already out gossip.gif

I thought it was just the HC that was out. I'm cheap. I wait for the trade.

Damn DC. They've done the same thing w/ Planetary Vol. 3. frustrated.gif

Ah, sorry - I think of all collected works as TPBs, even the hardcovers smile.gif

The Supes/Batman hardcover is only $19.95 retail though, and I am sure you can get it cheaper through various channels (just don't ask Lighthouse insane.gif ).

thumbsup2.gif

Superman/Batman 15 was great. I'm looking forward to the rest of the story. I, too, didn't pick this series up from issue 1 and I'm kicking myself for it now. Loeb is doing a great job on it.

Then I got a little lost on which GL they got the ring from and why he was flying a aircraft of some sort?

Abin Sur, the Green Lantern who in the regular timeline crashed on Earth and passed his ring onto Hal Jordan.

OIC smile.gif

Sorry about that, I never followed the GL that much. I was thinking it was related to Hal but more along the lines that it was in fact was Hal.

Thanks

Ok, UNCLE SAM???? WHAT THE HELL?

I love the series but introducing uncle sam REALLY turned me off...

I can't say Superman/Batman is the TOP series of DCU (it's got Identity Crisis to compare to) but the story is consistently above average. But "Uncle Sam" really effected my perception of the book.

OK, bear in mind I still haven't seen a copy of #15 (something about a shipping snafu-- Diamond didn't get any copies to Raleigh this week apparently), so maybe something in the latest issue took a turn for the lame. But the Uncle Sam character has been a part of the DC Universe for over 30 years now:

1449_4_107.jpg1449_4_108.jpg

Ok, UNCLE SAM???? WHAT THE HELL?

I love the series but introducing uncle sam REALLY turned me off...

I can't say Superman/Batman is the TOP series of DCU (it's got Identity Crisis to compare to) but the story is consistently above average. But "Uncle Sam" really effected my perception of the book.

OK, bear in mind I still haven't seen a copy of #15 (something about a shipping snafu-- Diamond didn't get any copies to Raleigh this week apparently), so maybe something in the latest issue took a turn for the lame. But the Uncle Sam character has been a part of the DC Universe for over 30 years now:

I was completely geeked to see Uncle Sam and the rest of the Freedom Fighters making an appearance! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Now to get them back into regular continuity... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This issue had some key action moments that I feel Pacheco's art could not fully express, like the stabbing of Bats by WW and the subsequent choking of WW with her own lasso by Supes, even the panel where Supes eyebeams the Uncle Same GL is could have had potential. These scenes would have had the original pages more sought after in the hands of masters like Lee and Turner - however, the way Pacheco drew them, they be a dime a dozen foreheadslap.gif

Lightning Lord, Cosmic King, and Saturn Queen are members of the Legion of Super-Villains.

What title have they appeared in before this?

Been around a lonnnggg time....

116_4_147.jpg

What I'd most like to see in that book is Krypto the Dog vs. Titano! Sweet! headbang.gif