• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you choose? Perfect centring or Perfect colour? Updated with pics

65 posts in this topic

Just an idea:

Since you can't do an in-hand side by side, compare the whites of each cover to the whites of the CGC label. If you do that, Copy A has a bright white on the label but the book has a cream color compared to it. Copy B has a duller cream color book but the label also has a duller, cream color white. If you really want to compare, put each comic in photoshop and do a color grab of the whitest part of the CGC label and the whitest part of the book and compare the RGB numbers.

I'm with the A's. White pages aren't so much a factor as having a tilted image on B.

On a side note, I love that so many board members are put off by such a miniscule thing as the white on the spine edge... more for me! :)

I'd rather have A, but food for thought.

I am 99% certain that page color is factored into the numerical grade. Like the reason that book got a 9.2 is because it was a 9.0 with white pages (for example).

So the B copy (off-white) is probably less damaged.

If the cover paper is whiter as well, I’d choose A without any doubt: as much as I loathe miswraps, this book has a white cover to begin with, and the miswrap really is barely noticeable: you notice that so much because it’s in the case.

I always favor better page quality and paper stock quality. Heck, I could even choose a whiter F or FVF range book over a VF or a VFNM! (thumbs u

Given that the quality of the second photo hides the true colours and that the staples are not well around on the back, I'd take B.

It's beautifully centred. This is very hard to find. hm

Besides, the white strip on A hides non-colour breaking stresses, whereas none will exist on B. ;)

As I crack all my keeper books, I have witnessed many a W and OW/W that are interchangeable. :sumo:

This.

Problem is, they aren't completely interchangeable. The most desirable books are ones that have snow white page quality and unfaded interior inks that look brand new. While some of the books that CGC has graded w may on another day grade ow/w, a book graded ow/w should never have the snow white pages that look like they were just printed, the latter of which would grade w 10 times out of 10.

Oh, and based on the two photos, I'd take A as it looks whiter.

The centering on that one doesn't bother me too much. The cover being mostly white doesn't make it jump out as much. And it's small and straight.

Hi everyone.

First I want to say thank you to everyone for sharing their input. It was truly appreciated and I am extremely grateful. There were many interesting arguments for both sides. After considering all the arguments I have decided to go with copy A. The colours look much better on the cover and the slight white spine is something I can live with.

So I made it official and pulled the trigger. I should have the book early next week.