• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping 200 books. How would you do it and how much.

14 posts in this topic

should run you about $12 for flat rate priority boxes 40-50 per box with enough room for protective material bubble wrap, etc you can fit these in 4 medium flat rate boxes and if you print on line insurance is included along with tracking. so figure $50 total should cover the shipping. what did you sell these books for? i'm always interested in asms particularly the last 100 issues.......

Haven't sold them yet I'm trying to figure out what to ask for shipping first. My friend really doesn't want to sell them but he had a family emergency. He doesn't sell his books so I'm helping him out. I'll let you know what they go for.

Pack 50 to a Large F-R Priority box, then find a box large enough to hold the four boxes. You can save probably $20 instead of four separate boxes.

You can always try Media Mail, but that's a risk.

-slym

Media mail.

I think the only downside is they charge the difference if they catch you shipping material that does not qualify.

I shipped 317 comics all bagged and boarded for $32. It was 60lbs! I was nervous everyday until it got to its destination.

Surprisingly, shipping priority would have only been $50 something... But I figured I'd save the $20 since it was a feebay sale to begin with. If they would have determined that it did t qualify for media mail, they would have charged the buyer $20 and I would have reimbursed.

Unless I'm unaware of so kind of penalty fee...

Media mail.

I think the only downside is they charge the difference if they catch you shipping material that does not qualify.

I shipped 317 comics all bagged and boarded for $32. It was 60lbs! I was nervous everyday until it got to its destination.

Surprisingly, shipping priority would have only been $50 something... But I figured I'd save the $20 since it was a feebay sale to begin with. If they would have determined that it did t qualify for media mail, they would have charged the buyer $20 and I would have reimbursed.

Unless I'm unaware of so kind of penalty fee...

I bought a run of about 150 comics and the seller shipped them media mail to me.

When they left the seller they were tightly bubble wrapped in stacks of twenty and neatly packed into the box.

When they arrived over two weeks late, usps had ripped opened the box, opened every single 20 pack, and then just tossed them loosely back into the ripped up box, and put about 20 packing straps around it to keep them from falling out of the exposed holes in the box big enough to stick your fist into.

When they arrived several were missing, many others were beat to hell, some literally had sand and dirt inside the bags like they had been kicked around a floor somewhere.

In my experience if you get caught shipping something not eligible for media mail they beat the heck out of it like they are trying to teach you a lesson.

Or they treat it well and then charge you more money when it arrives.

In my experience, the heavier the media mail package is, the more abuse it suffers. I try to keep all media mail packages around ten pounds. It cost pretty much the same to ship two ten pound boxes as one twenty pound box.

In my experience, the heavier the media mail package is, the more abuse it suffers. I try to keep all media mail packages around ten pounds. It cost pretty much the same to ship two ten pound boxes as one twenty pound box.

Agreed! I ship this way quite a bit and haven't had a problem. When it looks like a box of books, and feels like a box of books you shouldn't have a problem. Girls at the post office know I'm a "book seller" (plus I live in a college town) so it's worked well for me.