• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grade my FF #1

15 posts in this topic

hello new to the boards. I have a ff#1 a bought a few years ago. Tan to off white pages. this surprised the seller. But the cover is gorgeous. No Marvel chipping. The only blemish is a small chip on the back cover. See scan. I am looking to get it regraded and maybe a press if it ups the grade. Let me know what you think the grade is and then I will tell you what it got.

Okay. Dumb question. I scanned my comic How do I attach it??? library

Tough to grade with any real accuracy, as your scanner doesn't appear to be the right kind for capturing focus when the object is not directly on the bed.

Still I'll venture a guess. The book doesn't appear to have Marvel chipping , which is nice. Somewhere around a 5.0

Very hard to tell with that scan.

Looks 6.0

But since tan pages

That hurts some

I can see about 13 cb crease

Chip out at bottom back

I'm going to venture and say some chipping along spine too

With the tan pages

just created a photobucket account. whats next. Thank you in advance

Let me give you a very warmsmiley-signs087.gifto the boards!flowerysmile.gif

I am hoping that with the assistance of some other boardies here, we can start a thread within the PGM forum that lists etiquette, helpful hints and somewhat of a guide for new and old (and I use that term loosely) boardies when they need it.

If anyone out there wants to assist please PM me with any thoughts or ideas.

Cheers!

Tim

Thank you for the welcome. Thank you all for your guesses. It is actually a 6.0 but I admit they are terrible pics I took. I think it can go to a 6.5 because when I bought it the tan pages were a hard grade so I was told. It is a new label. I am hoping to get it pressed to up it to a 6.5. Any recommendation on whos better at the job.. Joey post or CSS???

Thank you for the welcome. Thank you all for your guesses. It is actually a 6.0 but I admit they are terrible pics I took. I think it can go to a 6.5 because when I bought it the tan pages were a hard grade so I was told. It is a new label. I am hoping to get it pressed to up it to a 6.5. Any recommendation on whos better at the job.. Joey post or CSS???

I'm sure both companies will provide you with great service and advice, but I think Joey Post offers more personalized service from what I have come to read and learn. There are links below to his thread in the Comic Book Grading and Restoration Issues forum (great reading) and if you haven't reviewed his website there is a link to it as well.

i love joey post

CFP Comics and Services

I am in no way trying to sway your decision as I have honestly never used either services. What I can tell you is that Joey does contribute to these threads quite regularly and is more than helpful to so many.

Good luck with your decision and your resubmission! Cheers!

Tim

Page quality designations are inconsistent with CGC, and Tan could easily come back Cream on a resubmit, which would probably help as much as a .5 grade bump in increasing perceived value.

Best of luck on your resub, there is nothing visible in the pictures that would automatically preclude a 6.5 from CGC, though it's impossible to tell with certainty due to image quality.

I never had Joeypost but I heard there is a high praise upon him and his outstanding service.

Matt Nelson of CSS has more experienced in pressing and restoration before the new generation came in. He can accept or decline your submission if it has a potential upgrade after pressing. His price is pretty high and the tier services are 3 to 8 weeks to process because of the high volume. You can pay extra money for the fast track on any tier service instead of waiting forever.

Joeypost may be faster and has a reasonable price but he will deliver all pressed books to CGC once a month.

All you do is to look at Pros and Cons for both services. You can always decide what is the best for your high sought book. If your book is dropped to 6.0 or 5.5, it can be devastated for you. It's your dice.

Very hard to tell with that scan.

Looks 6.0

But since tan pages

That hurts some

I can see about 13 cb crease

Chip out at bottom back

I'm going to venture and say some chipping along spine too

With the tan pages

lol