• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rude Comic Shop Experiences

114 posts in this topic

I don't think incognito means what you think it means. I guess it is safe to assume your suspension is over. lol

I always greet the staff of businesses I frequent first thing when I walk through the door.

When I see them I say hi, how are you today, and smile.

I'm also big on making small talk, weather, little jokes, comment on something they are wearing(especially woman) etc...

After 2-3 times going into the same place, most people remember me, and are quick to help if I need something.

Give me some context,

Were they irritated that the out-of-towners were in too long (20 minutes) or not long enough (20 minutes)?

Patrick

No like literally complaining that they were in the store for 20 minutes, and that they were out of towners. Very weird

The funny thing was they did buy something. Just don't get it

I've never had a good interaction with another human.

lol

He's just channeling Hockey & Comics Guy.....,

I have a few experiences, but for what it's worth:

Midtown Comics told me I couldn't afford a comic they had on display back in 2008, and some small shop in Baltimore laughed in my face when I asked about the price of some Spider-Man item.

That being said I've had fantastic comic buying experiences and all that stuff.