• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Factor #6

143 posts in this topic

That has always been one of my favorite books. Crazy money, but I would consider this more of a key in the Marvel Universe than the 100th issue of spiderman or the 3rd appearance of Wolverine. Get with the program old farts.

this will continue to rise once the movie comes out and everyone sees for themselves how awesome a villain this is. someday 655 might be the norm or even cheap

this will continue to rise once the movie comes out and everyone sees for themselves how awesome a villain this is. someday 655 might be the norm or even cheap

Anyone that believes that should be buying up these 'gems' like they're going out of style. 2c

Anyone that believes that should be buying up these 'gems' like they're going out of style. 2c

Not 'gems' - they are keys!

Not 'gems' - they are keys!

:sorry:

No way. It's one of the new hyper-keys of the Copper Age.

Anybody want to buy a raw copy for the bargain price of tree-fiddy? I'll even throw in a second copy for free! :o

$3.50?? :takeit: both thanks!! :grin:

Shipping will be $346.50. ;)

Well played sir... Well played :golfclap:

I'll pick them up, save the shipping? :blush:

X-Factor #6 sold for $655 on the last comic link auction :o

Are these the speculators at work?

POS comic worth nowt two months ago, POS comic worth nowt in two months.

Not even close. It's the first appearance of the X-Men's second best villain. It hasn't been in the dollar bin for years, and will never be in a dollar bin again.

Continue being an elitist and ignoring copper age at your peril, especially as a comic retailer. It's here to stay.

Not even close. It's the first appearance of the X-Men's second best villain. It hasn't been in the dollar bin for years, and will never be in a dollar bin again.

Continue being an elitist and ignoring copper age at your peril, especially as a comic retailer. It's here to stay.

Oh snap

giphy.gif

Oh snap

giphy.gif

I was recently taught a lesson in copper age that cost me quite a bit of money. I won't let it happen again. People who wanted that stuff as kids are hitting their top earning potential and interest has never been higher. Dismissing basically everything printed after 1980 as worthless junk (as I did for years) is a bad way to look at things. Those books are 25 years old now, and for a lot of younger collectors that's plenty "old" to justify high prices.

I was recently taught a lesson in copper age that cost me quite a bit of money. I won't let it happen again. People who wanted that stuff as kids are hitting their top earning potential and interest has never been higher. Dismissing basically everything printed after 1980 as worthless junk (as I did for years) is a bad way to look at things. Those books are 25 years old now, and for a lot of younger collectors that's plenty "old" to justify high prices. Like I said before. Sell those Copper Age books quickly and cheaply. They are worthless, and just taking up valuable space for all those wonderful Golden Age and Silver Age books. Hurry. Do it now. Before it's too late!

:o

:ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez:

:baiting:

$600+ is insane but hey thats what the market is getting at the moment and I never question the market. Love the book and love the villian and his story . It will rise as the movie hits then settle for a few hundred in 9.4 and higher grade but lower grades will drop back to where they were a bit. . There are just so many of these books. Every time i go to a convention i see so many of them. They are not rare or hard to find so I think that will always limit its value except in NM range. Best thing you can do if you need to cash in is sell it then when it levels back down to $75 for a Vf buy it again if you feel the need too.

I myself sold my copy (VF-NM) i got for $10 as part of a larger sell. I myself have really never been a collector of villain first app other then my personal favorites like Thanos. Wish I could afford my favorite villian Doctor Doom but that will always be out of my reach. Again great book and villian and this book is a key copper age book.

Oh snap

giphy.gif

I was recently taught a lesson in copper age that cost me quite a bit of money. I won't let it happen again. People who wanted that stuff as kids are hitting their top earning potential and interest has never been higher. Dismissing basically everything printed after 1980 as worthless junk (as I did for years) is a bad way to look at things. Those books are 25 years old now, and for a lot of younger collectors that's plenty "old" to justify high prices.

Full disclosure - I bought a 9.6 copy last year as I felt Apocalypse has always been an excellent X-Men villain. I believe in the book. I also believe that you are correct with what you say. My younger cousin is now 26 and goes after a few Power Rangers "things" and believe it or not the Roland Emmerich Godzilla movie have retaken his interest in the way that Star Wars, GI Joe and Transformers took my interest many years removed from their original runs.

Oh snap

giphy.gif

Double that!

F272C753-B240-4857-9071-7022477CE183-1060-000000A5828A81CA.jpg

Oh snap

giphy.gif

Full disclosure - I bought a 9.6 copy last year as I felt Apocalypse has always been an excellent X-Men villain. I believe in the book. I also believe that you are correct with what you say. My younger cousin is now 26 and goes after a few Power Rangers "things" and believe it or not the Roland Emmerich Godzilla movie have retaken his interest in the way that Star Wars, GI Joe and Transformers took my interest many years removed from their original runs.

The only thing I wonder is what will happen when people realize there is value in some of those coppers. I imagine there are tons sitting in people collections raw that they haven't given another thought. Heck it wouldn't surprise me if I had some keys from the era that I bought as a kid and filed away.

Someone did recently comment that no new characters have been created since 1980. I just don't think that is true, and, like others have said, we are almost 30 years removed from 1985.

Oh snap

giphy.gif

The only thing I wonder is what will happen when people realize there is value in some of those coppers. I imagine there are tons sitting in people collections raw that they haven't given another thought. Heck it wouldn't surprise me if I had some keys from the era that I bought as a kid and filed away.

Someone did recently comment that no new characters have been created since 1980. I just don't think that is true, and, like others have said, we are almost 30 years removed from 1985.

There have been plenty of notable characters created since 1980:

First... I will mention these four Turtles

Marvel:

ASM Universe:

Venom and to a lesser degree Carnage, Spider-Clone of the week and Spider-man 2099

X-Men Universe:

Deadpool, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Gambit, Cable,

Avengers Centric:

She Hulk, Bucky as the Winter Soldier,

Hellboy, Bone, the Tick, Sin City and Walking Dead franchises should get a nod along with the Crow and Spawn.

Over at DC:

Hush and Killer Croc were notable Batman villains along with Tim Drake and Jason Todd taking over at Robin.

I am also fond of the Valiant characters but no one outside of Valiant readers really know who they are. For the most part the above mentioned characters have a wider range of recognition due to mainstream multimedia exposure.

The problem is that there is incredible supply of these types of books. The price is up a lot now because there is a speculation demand spike for the book and people are hoarding it. How many people have a short box full of X-factor 6? I bet it is quite a few.

That level of demand is hard to sustain. People always start looking for the next hot thing. At some point demand drops back to a normal level based on actual interest in the character. The books stop selling at the inflated prices, and start trending down instead of up.

I'm not saying the book is worthless. There is some real demand. There are plenty of people who want to own a copy of it. The problem is that right now there are plenty of people that want to own 10+ copies of it. That will not be sustained, IMO.