• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics in the Golden Age
1 1

41 posts in this topic

I really enjoy the early, non-Superman covers from Action Comics. Issue #12 is one of my favorites of that lot, I didn't know there was an add for 'The Batman' inside, this makes me appreciate #12 even more.

I also like the non-Superman covers for #'s 9 (race car), 11 (battleship), 14 (Zatara) and 18 (bi-planes).

I have to say that I was inspired by Comicdonna's original Action collection to start picking up this title. Here are my entries. I am hoping to pick up a couple more over the next few years. A lot of those books are simply fascinating to have in hand for me.

Action Comics 28: 3.0

Action Comics 34: 6.5

Action Comics 36: 6.5 (My favorite of the ones I own)

Action Comics 41: 5.0

Action Comics 65: 7.0

Action Comics 76: 5.0

Action Comics 92: (Raw no pic)

Nice books, Buzzetta! :applause:

Thank you!

I added another one to the set tonight. I cannot wait for it to arrive.

EDIT: Pic removed: I don't want to jinx myself until I have it in hand as it travels through the mail.

Edited by Buzzetta

I know...you offered in January. I just can't bring myself to sell most of my GA books right now. I made an exception for one boardie who wanted LB Cole stuff, and he seemed happy with what he got and the prices. But those were books I really didn't need to keep anymore. This one I still need to keep...I'll let you know if anything changes... (thumbs u

I know...you offered in January. I just can't bring myself to sell most of my GA books right now. I made an exception for one boardie who wanted LB Cole stuff, and he seemed happy with what he got and the prices. But those were books I really didn't need to keep anymore. This one I still need to keep...I'll let you know if anything changes... (thumbs u

Oh, I don't want it until you're ready to part with it. Enjoy! (thumbs u

Great covers, tricolorbrian! #101 is one of my favorites.

Thanks! I'm not as active here in the spring and summer, but I try to pop in once in awhile.

The warmer the weather, the less active you get? hm

Great covers, tricolorbrian! #101 is one of my favorites.

Thanks! I'm not as active here in the spring and summer, but I try to pop in once in awhile.

The warmer the weather, the less active you get? hm

Yeah, the warmer it is in Phoenix, the farther I have to go to work and avoid the heat. Also, this is reptile season....and that's my other hobby as you know. :grin:

Arrived today while I was sleeping albeit in another USPS crushed box. Thank goodness for plenty of bubble wrap. The piece added to the cover looks to be around the spine in order to reinforce the staple. I did not see anything noticeable anywhere else.

_57.jpg