• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic connect auction thoughts

345 posts in this topic

CC auctions are soooo frustrating. Apart from the cockamamie stoppage time closes, I can't figure out a way to list my bids -- and just my bids -- in order of close. They give you a bunch of options, but none gives you the obvious ordering -- books you are bidding on in order of the closing times. :pullhair:

Unless I'm too dumb to figure it out. Always a possibility! :D

For all the criticism they take, the CLink auctions are much better run.

Try Sort by Time: Newest Listed (Auctions)

Tried that, but it doesn't list my bids in the order in which the auctions close.

If I had endless means, I would rather have the blue label 2.0 for the same price as the restored copy that just sold.
I think many would prefer blue to purple too...sometimes, folks aren't patient and "go for it"...

I've owned blue 2.0's and purple 8.0's...always enjoyed them both! and sometimes I've enjoyed the higher grade purple more, as more "laymen" tended to appreciate it, over the often times visually less appealing lower blue

Checking on GPA, Wonder Woman 1 cgc 7.5 blue sold for 20.5k 9 months ago. It is already listed at 42k in the cc auction. Does this mean that All Star 8 will rise similarly? How about Sensation1? There are so many WW options to get a key. I would think All Star 8 is still the one to get. Do others agree?

Checking on GPA, Wonder Woman 1 cgc 7.5 blue sold for 20.5k 9 months ago. It is already listed at 42k in the cc auction. Does this mean that All Star 8 will rise similarly? How about Sensation1? There are so many WW options to get a key. I would think All Star 8 is still the one to get. Do others agree?
I want to say that the WW your talking about had an eye sore of a store stamp on the cover, a 5 or 6 line paragraph. Or maybe I'm thinking of another book

I want to say that the WW your talking about had an eye sore of a store stamp on the cover, a 5 or 6 line paragraph. Or maybe I'm thinking of another book

No, I was thinking the same thing. The Sensation #1 7.5 that sold on CL last week for $25K had a big miswrap, or it would have sold for much more (and it was a former 7.0 that got passed around multiple times in the past few years, as evidenced by the serial # on GPA - I can't believe that it got bumped to a 7.5!).

the WW 1 is the Denver copy, and it looks much better than the assigned 7.5....

a "normal" 7.5 WW 1 would probably fetch 25K these days.... the Wise copy is an exception to normal bidding, imo

BTW, if any one is bidding on the Mystic #2 tomorrow...prepare for battle.

In the Game of Pwns I got squashed by The Mountain. :cry:

Someone went thermonuclear! :o

Sold for $30K plus change

Someone went thermonuclear! :o

Sold for $30K plus change

Right at 3X guide. I bid $30K...but that was my limit. The #3 also went for 3X guide at a little over $21K. Strong prices for two wonderful books.