• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic connect auction thoughts

345 posts in this topic

What the heck happened here? I've had a copy on my site for $2200, same grade with better page quality, with no takers. Guess it goes into my personal collection for a while...

Batman #49

:o

I just pooped my pants

I was very pleasantly surprised. :whee:

As the auction starts closing after midnight here I was asleep and woke up to a windfall.

It was over GPA going into the final day so hadn't expected it to move at all.

Prices across the board seem to have gone crazy.

The sale of the Batman #49 seems to be generating more interest than usual in all GA Joker covers. I woke up to several emails about Joker covers on my site.

What the heck happened here? I've had a copy on my site for $2200, same grade with better page quality, with no takers. Guess it goes into my personal collection for a while...

Batman #49

I just pooped my pants

As the auction starts closing after midnight here I was asleep and woke up to a windfall.

And to think that this is the third of the big 3 Spring auctions - you might've thought there would be some kind of fatigue. Certainly not the case.

Without having done the math in any proper way: A guesstimate is that Mr. Wilson (the C-cnect consignor) must have easily netted 1 mill. perhaps even close to 1,5 mill.for this collection.

Insane ...

Batman #49

I just pooped my pants

And to think that this is the third of the big 3 Spring auctions - you might've thought there would be some kind of fatigue. Certainly not the case.

Without having done the math in any proper way: A guesstimate is that Mr. Wilson (the C-cnect consignor) must have easily netted 1 mill. perhaps even close to 1,5 mill.for this collection.

Insane ...

:gossip: John Wise

Batman #49

I just pooped my pants

Congrats, George! There`s nothing quite like waking up to find that a book you`re selling blew past all expectations.

Batman #49

I just pooped my pants

Congrats, George! There`s nothing quite like waking up to find that a book you`re selling blew past all expectations.

Thanks

Batman #49

I just pooped my pants

The sale of the Batman #49 seems to be generating more interest than usual in all GA Joker covers. I woke up to several emails about Joker covers on my site.

I would think it likely you got that traffic because of people reading this thread on the Boards.

Anyone know what the Action #23 went for? Any happy board members?

Went for $9800

Acton #7 CGC 1.0 went for a whopping $32K - not sure yet if someone paid a premium because it was a Siegel file copy.

Went for $9800

Acton #7 CGC 1.0 went for a whopping $32K - not sure yet if someone paid a premium because it was a Siegel file copy.

My hopes of ever owning a #7 crashes further down into the abyss...

Went for $9800

I was underbidder on both :cry:

I stopped at 31667 on the action 7 and 9677 on the action 23...looks like live increment bids beat me on both

Batman #49

I just pooped my pants

I would sure like to know who the bidders were on CC's Batman 49 and why they were bidding so hard on a book that just last month sold for a little over $2K in the same condition! Makes absolutely no sense to such an insane price over FMV! EJR

Went for $9800

I stopped at 31667 on the action 7 and 9677 on the action 23...looks like live increment bids beat me on both

So much for Action #7 being $20-25K a point.

It's all your fault! :baiting:

Went for $9800

So much for Action #7 being $20-25K a point.

It's all your fault! :baiting:

I did place small premium on it being a provenance copy ...but yes, I suspect folks are obviously paying 30K a point these days doh!

I may bid on the plod 6.5 cap America 1.

Isn't that board member Baltimore Lauren's copy ?

:hi:

If you need me, I'm gonna be in Disney World. :whee:

I should join ya :baiting:

Let's go Batman.

:cool: I may go as Bruce Wayne because of the warm weather lol

still have the leather suit?

I got rid of it a couple years ago :sorry:

Went for $9800

I stopped at around $30k for the Action.. Oh well

Went for $9800

I stopped at around $30k for the Action.. Oh well

I went into live bidding high bidder at 27500 I believe....then outbid, then I bid 29000, then outbid at 30 so I went 31667 and was high, then someone bid 32000 and outbid me (I was high at 31000, so 32 was next full increment)...