• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WWJD - trade up from Hulk 181 to AF15?

47 posts in this topic

I currently have a Hulk 181 9.8...and have been looking at the AF 15 in the 5.5 range. Comic Connect has one currently on auction, and thinking about bidding and auctioning off the Hulk 181 to partially offset the costs.

Obviously I would like to keep both, but right now I dont think I could. So either I do nothing, or trade up to the AF15.

From a 5-10 year outlook, you think both would continue to rise from their current market prices, or one has a better chance than the other?

I first started collecting when I was 14...I'm 40 now, so I'm looking at it from a 60% investor / 40% hobbyist perspective.

Any feedback welcome! :)

What is WWJD? hm

I'd sell the Hulk 181 first then look for your best GRADED AF15 you can get for the money. There are plenty of copies out there and don't rush into it if that's what you want.

That's my best advice.

What is WWJD? hm

I'd sell the Hulk 181 first then look for your best GRADED AF15 you can get for the money. There are plenty of copies out there and don't rush into it if that's what you want.

That's my best advice.

This.

What is WWJD? hm

That's my best advice.

This.

That

WWJD = "What would Jesus Do?" - little dry humor there. :)

Thanks for the feedback fellas....I think I'll try and snag the AF15 5.5 on CC...we'll see how it goes.

Just saw that one on CC, nice looking book.

Best of luck

WWJD= What Would Jason Do and Jason would sell the Hulk 181 every single day for a nice AF 15. AF 15 is the Tec 27/Action 1 of the Silver Age. Hulk 181 isn't even the biggest Bronze book. Star Wars 1 (35 cent variant) is.

WWJD= What Would Jason Do and Jason would sell the Hulk 181 every single day for a nice AF 15. AF 15 is the Tec 27/Action 1 of the Silver Age. Hulk 181 isn't even the biggest Bronze book. Star Wars 1 (35 cent variant) is.

Jason, really SW 35 cent, how about the Iron First 14 35 cent variant?

With a board name of Vader2001 and you ask a question like this? And now young Vader2001 you will diii.....smiley-sw022.gif

No contest... Spidey takes Wolvie any day of the week!

IH 181 9.8

asdf.png

"wolverine" = 22.4 million hits on google

X-men Origins: Wolverine (2009) = $180 million

The Wolverine (2013) = $133 million

Merchandising = in the millions

AF 15 5.5

zxcv.png

"spiderman" = 33.6 million hits on google

Spider-Man (2002) = $400 million

Spider-Man 2 (2004) = $374 million

Spider-Man 3 (2007) = $337 million

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) = $262 million

The Amazing Spider-man (2014) = $192 million (to date)

Merchandising = in the Billions

With a board name of Vader2001 and you ask a question like this? And now young Vader2001 you will diii.....smiley-sw022.gif

Just FYI I am stealing that emoticon!