• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM 129

9 posts in this topic

This one has seen better days but I picked it up at a flea market for $5 so I can't complain too much. I think it looks very nice bagged but up close it is apparent that the entire FC/BC has lots of water damage (whole cover is wavy and rippled).

It doesn't appear to affect the interior pages as much but there are a few panels similar to the posted photo - looks like the ink bled due to the moisture. I pressed it under a few long boxes but I suspect that won't make much of a difference since the damage is already done. Just curious as to how badly this amount of water damage affects grade. Cover is on secure though, some stress at the upper/lower staples though. Thoughts/opinions please.

001_zps3c0d3d84.jpg

002_zpsff975ed7.jpg

003_zps0702764b.jpg

2.5 IMHO! It's really tough to call when the scans are small but with the amount of moisture damage I doubt you'll get a grade above 2.5. But I could be very wrong as this book tends to have some anomalies when CGC grades them!

no matter what it grades, Ya got a steal for 5 bucks. From the first scan of just the cover my first thought was from 4.0-6.0 but after looking at everything, Ive got to say 2.5-3.0.

Down right amazing book no matter what.

-Kystix

$5 :o

I also think 2.5 / 3.0

Too bad for the stains cause you don't see many 2.5s with the structural integrity of a 6.5. The plus side is it has nice colors and the wrap is off by only a tad. If the book is cleaned and pressed, the stains will still be there, but the book will be much more attractive.

Look at it this way,... you purchased a Spidey 129, had it cleaned and pressed, shipping to and from,... and you invested about $50. Another $25 I guess if you have it slabbed.

$$$.00 (thumbs u