• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your guess? TOS 52

15 posts in this topic

The book is at CGC graded and waiting for it to change status. I'm curious to see what fellow boardies guess the grade is. Once the book is back in my possession I will put the scan up.

Good Luck...

TOS52Front_zpsd432e82f.jpg

TOS52Back_zpsffe8f4f1.jpg

Perhaps a 4.0 or 4.5? The cover-length crease hurts this one. Without the crease, the book looks to be about a 7.0. The grading guide associates cover-length creases with 3.0s and worse, but I think the book has enough redeeming qualities to warrant VGish range.

The back crease is a subscription crease but doesn't affect the front cover.

Quite low at 4.5 for the qualities of the book. But the book will be back hopefully by next week to post the grade.

I thought it looked like a 7.0 from the front cover, but when I saw the subscription crease on the back cover I noticed it slightly on the front cover as well (Near Iron Man's right foot and through the A on Tales). I'd guess it drops it to a 5.0.

It's more through the very top of the front cover but the bottom wasn't affected. I didn't think CGC docked it that much for a subscription crease than plain creases on the book....

I figured a higher grade than that really. But truthfully we'll see when it gets back from CGC.

I thought it looked like a 7.0 from the front cover, but when I saw the subscription crease on the back cover I noticed it slightly on the front cover as well (Near Iron Man's right foot and through the A on Tales). I'd guess it drops it to a 5.0.

This. You rarely see books with SC's top 5.0, except in instances where it is the only defect. :cool:

Nice copy, btw! (thumbs u

This. You rarely see books with SC's top 5.0, except in instances where it is the only defect. :cool:

Nice copy, btw! (thumbs u

+ 1 ......an easy sell.....should do good at auction. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u