• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's your chance to tell CGC how to get better

290 posts in this topic

Guaranteed Grade Tier:

This tier would supplement the Signature Series tier in that you can take any currently encapsulated book to the CGC booth and they will break it out (like they currently due with SS) and walk it to where you need to get a signature, then back to the booth. Because it never left the hands of the qualified CGC personnel it will not have to be regraded only reholdered with the new information.

Do you have that Silver Age universal 9.8 that you really want to get a signature on but are afraid to crack it yourself or with a facilitator due to potential handling? This solves the problem as it will never leave CGC's hands.

I would make this expensive based on the actual tier of the book.

Just a crazy idea.

That's a pretty cool idea :thumbsup:

Interesting. I thought it was the worst of the ideas. How can CGC guarantee that a creator won't ding a book while signing? I would've thought that would be your first response.

If a book is properly window-bagged, it's pretty much physically impossible for the creator to damage it (without picking it up & throwing it on the ground). I like the idea of this service because of the multi-sig books I do - it sucks pretty hard to have a lovely 9.8 that's survived being cracked 4-5 times for sigs only to have it drop to a 9.6 when you add that final, elusive signature :shrug:

I've seen some far, far worse ideas in this thread so far :lol:

Yeah but that doesn't cover all contingencies, such as damage while removing from the slab, however unlikely, as it can happen. Cracked slab grades are negated and should stay that way.

What can I say - I like the idea of the SS Platinum VIP™ service :shrug:

Of course you do, but it's a terrible idea. That's pretty much just buying the grade. A window bag and a CGC employee doesn't guarantee anything. In fact, I guarantee you the books would be handled with less care if everyone had no fear of it coming back a lesser grade.

This is also an admittance that there are over graded books and/or inconsistency in the grading.

^^

Franchise!!!

I'm ready to open a Texas branch of the CGC now! This would increase jobs, decrease TATs, and possibly decrease shipping costs…

Which leads me to my next suggestion…personalize and automated shipping fees.

Those shipping fees can get a bit outrageous at times. If it cost me $12 to ship 3 slabs to the CGC for ReHolder, in the same box and same packing peanuts and bubble wrap, it should not cost $30 to send it to me in the first place. Automate the shipping costs. If the person is submitting 4 books, get the actual shipping cost for shipping them back to the submitter's zip code, not an estimate like it currently does. I understand a part of their charge is handling (boxes, cardboard, peanuts, bubble wrap) and it's hard to estimate if a book will be in a standard slab or giant size slab, but even all giant size slabs should be cheaper than it currently is.

…and how about a rewards/loyalty program?

Get 9 books graded, get the 10th free???? Just sayin'

Agreed!

Southern Ontario CGC location. No more customs and shipping issues.

Create a points or reward system that is reasonable. It doesn't cost a lot to grade one book. Throwing out a free grading per x number of books isn't gonna break you.

Also, in regard to the grader notes, I think they should be free. Yes, I'm happy when I get my 9.8 and 9.6 books, but anything under and i want to know why. Otherwise, the graded just seem arbitrary.

You have dealers that take books and submit them for you.

The franchise idea would never work. Franchises are for companies with broad customer bases and are used daily.

I don't think CGC is busy enough for one franchise outlet, let alone several.

And grading consistency would be near impossible to centralize.

Yes, I would also like grades available once the books are graded (like it use to be :sorry: )
This.

lol

You'll be lucky to get your books after this thread.

My goal is to help CGC. Apparently the other discussions were deemed to be promoting some mythical competition that I am NOT discussing here.

But, but...In-and-Out Burger is able to maintain quality and consistency in product. So should the CGC.

Yes, I would also like grades available once the books are graded (like it use to be :sorry: )
This.

lol

My goal is to help CGC. Apparently the other discussions were deemed to be promoting some mythical competition that I am NOT discussing here.

lol

Can we change your name to Saint or Mother Theresa? You're just too kind.

This.

lol

lol

Franchise!!!

I'm ready to open a Texas branch of the CGC now! This would increase jobs, decrease TATs, and possibly decrease shipping costs…

Which leads me to my next suggestion…personalize and automated shipping fees.

Those shipping fees can get a bit outrageous at times. If it cost me $12 to ship 3 slabs to the CGC for ReHolder, in the same box and same packing peanuts and bubble wrap, it should not cost $30 to send it to me in the first place. Automate the shipping costs. If the person is submitting 4 books, get the actual shipping cost for shipping them back to the submitter's zip code, not an estimate like it currently does. I understand a part of their charge is handling (boxes, cardboard, peanuts, bubble wrap) and it's hard to estimate if a book will be in a standard slab or giant size slab, but even all giant size slabs should be cheaper than it currently is.

…and how about a rewards/loyalty program?

Agreed!

Create a points or reward system that is reasonable. It doesn't cost a lot to grade one book. Throwing out a free grading per x number of books isn't gonna break you.

Also, in regard to the grader notes, I think they should be free. Yes, I'm happy when I get my 9.8 and 9.6 books, but anything under and i want to know why. Otherwise, the graded just seem arbitrary.

The franchise idea would never work. Franchises are for companies with broad customer bases and are used daily.

Personally, I get Carlos at Gotham Central sub my stuff because he has way more experience in this and pre screening than I do. But I do know that there are still issues with customs at times, and shipping plus exchange rate really adds up. I'm not saying that CGC franchise like a BK or something. But accessibility would boost submissions for two reasons.

1. Convenience

2. Advertisement and awareness.

Also, judging by the TAT's, I don't think CGC has a lack of customers and since they've been around since 2006 (right?) I don't think grading is here to stay.

But honestly, there are a lot of opportunities for CGC to improve and increase customer satisfaction and revenue.

This.

lol

lol

Can we change your name to Saint or Mother Theresa? You're just too kind.

You're welcome.

But, but...In-and-Out Burger is able to maintain quality and consistency in product. So should the CGC.

I assume you are joking...

From the Wikipedia article on In-N-Out Burger:

In-N-Out Burger has resisted franchising its operations or going public; one reason is the prospect of quality or customer consistency being compromised by excessively rapid business growth.

Franchise!!!

I'm ready to open a Texas branch of the CGC now! This would increase jobs, decrease TATs, and possibly decrease shipping costs

Which leads me to my next suggestionpersonalize and automated shipping fees.

and how about a rewards/loyalty program?

Agreed!

Personally, I get Carlos at Gotham Central sub my stuff because he has way more experience in this and pre screening than I do. But I do know that there are still issues with customs at times, and shipping plus exchange rate really adds up. I'm not saying that CGC franchise like a BK or something. But accessibility would boost submissions for two reasons.

1. Convenience

2. Advertisement and awareness.

Also, judging by the TAT's, I don't think CGC has a lack of customers and since they've been around since 2006 (right?) I don't think grading is here to stay.

But honestly, there are a lot of opportunities for CGC to improve and increase customer satisfaction and revenue.

A Canadian branch or office or what have you would certainly be nice...Then the CGC would also be able to attend a few shows here too...

In-N-Out Burger has resisted franchising its operations or going public; one reason is the prospect of quality or customer consistency being compromised by excessively rapid business growth.

Yeah, I was making a funny based on a response that Mr Ticket gave me in one of the recent deleted threads.

9bz8l.jpg

This.

lol

Are you a sheeple?

This.

lol

Are you a sheeple?

9bzma.jpg

This.

lol

Are you a sheeple?

9bzma.jpg

he SURE is

This.

lol

Are you a sheeple?

No. I'm of the firm opinion that CGC needs to publicly recognize the fact that boardies are putting money in the CGC coffers just by being here on the boards. These boards have ads and referral links and foster goodwill which leads to submissions. I don't think I've made any secret of the fact that I don't view the boards as a gift from CGC. If someone does and doesn't recognize the business reason for having the boards, and the corresponding expectation that CGC treats boardies like customers, then I think they're sheeple, including you. I'm not sheeple and truthfully, I don't think you are either. I don't think either of us would expect that CGC can treat boardies without the respect afforded to customers of any business.

This.

lol

Are you a sheeple?

9bzma.jpg

he SURE is

Shut up. The grown ups are talking.