• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please stop with the EBAY scams!

327 posts in this topic

Weird thread.

Very very weird.

You have to ask 'what's the motivation' and 'why so vociferous' and 'what was the deal with that weird photoshop comment' etc etc etc

you are so sad. you remind me of the accusers at the salem witch trials where everyone is too afraid to speak up less you accuse them of ebay scamming-- which is what you are *trying* to do to me, but it's just coming across as sad and pathetic.

But why does it bother you so much?

Why not just ignore what you don't like and stick to what you do like?

Not everyone has the same interests.

(shrug)

Most two-faced post of the year. :roflmao: Also deserves a :facepalm:

Weird thread.

Very very weird.

You have to ask 'what's the motivation' and 'why so vociferous' and 'what was the deal with that weird photoshop comment' etc etc etc

you are so sad. you remind me of the accusers at the salem witch trials where everyone is too afraid to speak up less you accuse them of ebay scamming-- which is what you are *trying* to do to me, but it's just coming across as sad and pathetic.

(shrug)

(shrug)

Weird thread.

Very very weird.

(shrug)

(shrug)

Ask him why he goes round and round with Stu all the time ....... instead of, you know, ignoring it. Must really be interested in Stu. :roflmao:

Ask him why he goes round and round with Stu all the time ....... instead of, you know, ignoring it. Must really be interested in Stu. :roflmao:

Having a debate or a disagreement with someone on a given topic is different than just telling people not to post on a particular topic. I disagree with Stu on things because we see things differently.

That's very different than telling people not to start threads on the topic of scammers.

Unless of course you agree with the OP and also agree that people shouldn't talk about scammers.

I like the idea of having some form of proof that it was a scam or a REALLY bad seller.

I had an eBay seller send me an IDW artist edition today, sure, he charged me for USPS expedited shipping and then sent it via media mail (so he charged me twice actual shipping),

He sent it without the original IDW custom protective box(single boxed and in an old reused box) no bubble wrap, no peanuts, obliterated the bottom corner on the spine. To make it worse he claimed it was a first printing (variant cover I was unfamiliar with), turned out to be a second edition.

Bad seller? Maybe (but high 100% feedback). Scammer? I checked the guy's other listings and it turns out he deals mainly in cards, not books. I've requested a refund and I'll see where it goes, but I don't think the above constitutes a scam and maybe not even a bad seller (not bad enough for a board to block at least), just a guy not used to dealing with books, especially a heavy monster like an IDW artist edition. So I think the blocking needs to be reserved for the really egregious stuff.

Having a debate or a disagreement with someone on a given topic is different than just telling people not to post on a particular topic. I disagree with Stu on things because we see things differently.

That's very different than telling people not to start threads on the topic of scammers.

Unless of course you agree with the OP and also agree that people shouldn't talk about scammers.

Why do you think other forums DO NOT allow scam talk in the board guidelines?

I like the idea of having some form of proof that it was a scam or a REALLY bad seller.

I had an eBay seller send me an IDW artist edition today, sure, he charged me for USPS expedited shipping and then sent it via media mail (so he charged me twice actual shipping),

He sent it without the original IDW custom protective box(singled boxed and in an old refused box) no bubble wrap, no peanuts, obliterated the bottom corner on the spine. To make it worse he claimed it was a first printing (variant cover I was unfamiliar with), turned out to be a second edition.

Bad seller? Maybe (but high 100% feedback). Scammer? I checked the guy's other listings and it turns out he deals mainly in cards, not books. I've requested a refund and I'll see where it goes, but I don't think the above constitutes a scam and maybe not even a bad seller (not bad enough for a board to block at least), just a guy not used to dealing with books, especially a heavy monster like an IDW artist edition. So I think the blocking needs to be reserved for the really egregious stuff.

In your situation, I agree they were probably just less educated in selling comics. Small things like that shouldn't be considered a scam.

On the other hand, selling a book while using someone else's pictures of the same book in better condition can only be for one thing: to get more money. So, essentially, they're scamming buyers. (This is coming from the other scam thread posted in CG).

But why are you so adamantly standing up for what all forums should and shouldn't allow?

This forum has always bee fairly tightly knit and is populated with some really good people, and for the 10 years I've been here, I don't know if I remember a single person being taken to task and their reputations suffering for it unless they actually deserved it.

Can anyone think of any?

Here's CBR's guidelines-don't see anything about not reporting scams::

http://community.comicbookresources.com/announcement.php?a=1

He sent it without the original IDW custom protective box(singled boxed and in an old refused box) no bubble wrap, no peanuts, obliterated the bottom corner on the spine. To make it worse he claimed it was a first printing (variant cover I was unfamiliar with), turned out to be a second edition.

In your situation, I agree they were probably just less educated in selling comics. Small things like that shouldn't be considered a scam.

On the other hand, selling a book while using someone else's pictures of the same book in better condition can only be for one thing: to get more money. So, essentially, they're scamming buyers. (This is coming from the other scam thread posted in CG).

Concur, someone else's pictures is definitely shady.

bc they don't care if their members get ripped off? (shrug) not happening in their chat rooms not their problem

or maybe the comunity on thoes boards don't care if their fellow man (woman) get ripped off even though they may have been able to stop it......lol just ignore all the bad ebay sellers that were brought to light and go buy a PGX slab by whatever that guys name is, but don't come person_without_enough_empathying to us about getting a married cover or undisclosed color touch or other problems

But why are you so adamantly standing up for what all forums should and shouldn't allow?

This forum has always bee fairly tightly knit and is populated with some really good people, and for the 10 years I've been here, I don't know if I remember a single person being taken to task and their reputations suffering for it unless they actually deserved it.

Can anyone think of any?

Are you kidding me? The Best and worst ebay thread was exactly that. loaded with unsubstantiated claims and a total libel trash heap.

Can you direct me to a forum that has the guidelines you speak of? I can't seem to find any.

Are you kidding me? The Best and worst ebay thread was exactly that. loaded with unsubstantiated claims and a total libel trash heap.

I don't read every thread. That's why I asked if anyone knows of any specific incidents. (shrug)

Can you direct me to a forum that has the guidelines you speak of? I can't seem to find any.

That's a good question.

mostly covered under guidelines of "questionable content"

material covered that could potentially be misleading, unwarranted, or attack/ hate driven, like the majority of ebay scam postings.