• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please stop with the EBAY scams!

327 posts in this topic

I think we're all wondering why it's a problem that others are trying to help one another :shrug:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I've actually removed myself from the CGC boards but thought I'd come back and see some interesting talk. Nope. Scam this scam that. Best and worst ebay sellers....don't buy from X they scammed me.....ebay ebay ebay......is this a scam?

Were your intentions good in starting this thread?

I think we're all wondering why it's a problem that others are trying to help one another :shrug:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I've actually removed myself from the CGC boards but thought I'd come back and see some interesting talk. Nope. Scam this scam that. Best and worst ebay sellers....don't buy from X they scammed me.....ebay ebay ebay......is this a scam?

So alerting others about potential scams is now equal to the road to hell? hm

Even though I haven't been on these boards but for a little over a year, this is a community. Communities look after one another for the most part. Or at least try to 2c

Maybe you should remove yourself again if so unhappy here. The best part of this place is that no one makes you come here and you most likely will not be missed. :)

He better go to all the yelp reviews and try to put a stop to all those witchhunts out there.

I can't even believe CGC allows all this continually on the boards. OTHER community forums on the internet do not.

I can say "so and so" ripped me off and give the guys ebay name (hell I've seen address and place of work in some)...

who is to say some of you are complete bull%^%^'s and try to get people to not buy books from X so they will buy books from Y. Backing up any of these stories with proof is impossible in forums... so it amounts to libel!

god when the &^&^&^ does it stop??? Not to mention I get sick of seeing more ebay scams every other day....good god...HARSHEN????

Are you a scammer?

I really don't see how a community of collectors, looking out for one another is in any way a "bad" thing.

Harvey Swick just revised the bad eBay seller thing so that it had to be based on proof, not personal vendetta too, so that is something new and helpful.

What's next? Want to get rid of HOS and Probation List???

So, let's say we stop with the exposing scammer threads... Even if you know of a scammer and have proof... Then some time goes by and you're just chatting with your board buddies and they tell you they recently got ripped off from some dude on eBay... Goes by the name of XYZ. That's the same dude you knew about but didn't bother posting a thread because you didn't want other threads to get LOST in the shuffle.

Wouldn't you feel pretty bummed? That you could have helped out a fellow boardie?

If you see someone breaking into your neighbor's house please stop with the witchhunts of calling the police etc. The road to hell is paved with good intentions dontcha know?