• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please stop with the EBAY scams!

327 posts in this topic

mostly covered under guidelines of "questionable content"

material covered that could potentially be misleading, unwarranted, or attack/ hate driven, like the majority of ebay scam postings.

In other words, you were full of BS and thought no one would fact check

WTTB

Why do you think other forums DO NOT allow scam talk in the board guidelines?

But why are you so adamantly standing up for what all forums should and shouldn't allow?

This forum has always bee fairly tightly knit and is populated with some really good people, and for the 10 years I've been here, I don't know if I remember a single person being taken to task and their reputations suffering for it unless they actually deserved it.

Can anyone think of any?

Are you kidding me? The Best and worst ebay thread was exactly that. loaded with unsubstantiated claims and a total libel trash heap.

It's only libel if it's untrue not if it's unsubstantiated.

material covered that could potentially be misleading, unwarranted, or attack/ hate driven, like the majority of ebay scam postings.

Two questions (respectfully)

(1) what is the motive for someone to make a baseless claim on a comic chat board?

(2) can you offer an example of a baseless claim? or, how do you know claims are not baseless?

But why are you so adamantly standing up for what all forums should and shouldn't allow?

This forum has always bee fairly tightly knit and is populated with some really good people, and for the 10 years I've been here, I don't know if I remember a single person being taken to task and their reputations suffering for it unless they actually deserved it.

Can anyone think of any?

Are you kidding me? The Best and worst ebay thread was exactly that. loaded with unsubstantiated claims and a total libel trash heap.

And knowingly untrue

Can anyone think of any?

Which thread are you (Lost) referring to?

Most of the ebay scams pointed out on this forum are proven with pictures, links, etc.

I've learned a great deal since being here about which ebay sellers are scammers with known issues.

I've also seen people come here thanking the forum for saving them from heartache.

I believe your post is wrong.

(1) what is the motive for someone to make a baseless claim on a comic chat board?

(2) can you offer an example of a baseless claim? or, how do you know claims are not baseless?

Yeah good luck with that. The board detectives always gather a mountain of evidence.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it. Something is really fishy about this dude.

Yeah good luck with that. The board detectives always gather a mountain of evidence.

yes start accusing me without any evidence. par for the course

Notice how he's backpedaling-first he claimed no other forum allowed scam talk. Now he says if the claims are 'baseless'. Well what if they are substantiated with pics, links, admissions etc? Then they're allowed, right? So, you lied when you said other forums 'don't allow scam talk'....

You started this thread.

Merely post a thread where baseless hate filled accusations of scamming occurred here bro.

I have evidence you lied about the other forums-I checked, and saw no such guidelines, not even the mention of the word 'scam' in any guidelines.

Lost,

It is just SUCH a weird thread to start and then to ask people NOT to report scams?

Most scams reported here are 99% of the time proven by the good detective work of MANY board members.

As for the good and bad eBay seller list, those now must be substantiated with the info to back it up so they are not "baseless".

...This just seems like such a weird thing to "pick a fight" over...

He definitely has a dog in this fight....that's what's disconcerting. And he's willing to lie to push his agenda.

This whole thing started after the ASM 48 scam thread-something is going on here

I want to know why Jiminy_Cricket doesn't like me. :cry:

Check for the name change on that one.

Ask him why he goes round and round with Stu all the time ....... instead of, you know, ignoring it. Must really be interested in Stu. :roflmao:

Having a debate or a disagreement with someone on a given topic is different than just telling people not to post on a particular topic. I disagree with Stu on things because we see things differently.

That's very different than telling people not to start threads on the topic of scammers.

Unless of course you agree with the OP and also agree that people shouldn't talk about scammers.

What is "scam talk"... a basic grasp of English would be a nice starting point.

Too much to ask?

Though you like to run and take cover under biblical euphenism's, so straight away you kinda give yourself away as being less than cerebrally gifted.