• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**FINAL GRADE IS NOW POSTED** Guess the Grade 1964 Daredevil #1 Graded by CGC.

34 posts in this topic

Here's the Grade it got a lot of you guys where close on the Grade but No One got it.

I was also wondering if a Dry Clean and Press would help improve the Grade on this book at all as there's a lot of indents that don't break color on the back cover.

What do you guys think?

Daredevil1CGCFrontA_zps7cbf0a89.jpg

that was a harsh grade

To me it was a 3.0 not sure what press and clean will do. I based the 3.0 grade on missing pieces and stain,

That's what I thought too. It was graded a couple of years ago when it seemed like a lot of books were coming back with low grades. I thought it was going to be at least a 3.5.

that was a harsh grade

To me it was a 3.0 not sure what press and clean will do. I based the 3.0 grade on missing pieces and stain,

+1 That is harsh grading in my opinion. Did you get graders notes? Were the indentations that severe that they effected the grade at this level?

Come on guys!

His photos are horrible with a flash and not even a bad scans.

We shouldn't even be throwing a grade at this book with the photos given.

Just my 2c

Come on guys!

Just my 2c

I didn't think the photo's were that bad as you can see all the flaws on it. Yeah you can't see the center of the book because of the flash but there aren't any flaws in the flash circle. I'll try to take better pictures of the book later tonight with out the flash on.

Come on guys!

Just my 2c

If I had a nickel for every time you gave your 2c I'd be three cents richer! coffeescreen.gif

But I think you make a valid point!

that was a harsh grade

+1 That is harsh grading in my opinion. Did you get graders notes? Were the indentations that severe that they effected the grade at this level?

I didn't get the graders notes. There's at least 12 indentations on the back cover and there's also 2 non color breaking creases that are also on the back cover.

that was a harsh grade

I didn't get the graders notes. There's at least 12 indentations on the back cover and there's also 2 non color breaking creases that are also on the back cover.

That may have been the straw that tipped the camel or however the saying goes. Ark made a good point that we are grading from scans/pictures and 2.5 to 3.0 isn't a great deal but it is DD #1!

It was graded in October 2012 ... relatively recently. I think it's a very harsh grade. I don't think the missing piece is the issue ... I think the staininng is what causes CGC to grade books harshly.

Come on guys!

Just my 2c

If I had a nickel for every time you gave your 2c I'd be three cents richer! coffeescreen.gif

But I think you make a valid point!

Isn't it ironic, the guy that says a lot of scans aren't big enough on PGM is making a grade stink about a book that has poor photos with a big flash spots. :makepoint: