• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Uncanny X-Men #266

33 posts in this topic

So, I submitted 9 modern books to CGC back in April that have updated to Graded as of this weekend. I am going to post each of these books here to test the groups grading prowess! Then I will update each book once the graded are posted. So, the 2nd of 3 books today will be my Uncanny X-Men #266. Hoping for good things from all of these! Let me know what you all think!!

X-Men266Front.jpg

X-Men266Back.jpg

corners not sharp like front trcm, ding in spine that breaks colour. four spine ticks on the front. And on the back cover there is 4 nice size dings along the spine plus a couple of spine ticks. Reason I said 9.0, Not sure if I was a bit harsh, I think I was with the OP's NM 87. That book looks like a 9.4, high 9.4 maybe a 9.6. I hope 2 of the 3 graders at CGC say 9.6 for Op's NM 87

(thumbs u

corners not sharp like front trcm, ding in spine that breaks colour. four spine ticks on the front. And on the back cover there is 4 nice size dings along the spine plus a couple of spine ticks. Reason I said 9.0, Not sure if I was a bit harsh, I think I was with the OP's NM 87. That book looks like a 9.4, high 9.4 maybe a 9.6. I hope 2 of the 3 graders at CGC say 9.6 for Op's NM 87

(thumbs u

Okay that is the only corner that doesn't appear as sharp as the others but I bet it is just turned down and that is acceptable as a sharp corner. I don't think the spine stress is as bad as it seems given the size of the scans and that is why I graded it so.

I could be wrong but I'll stick to my, ahem.. guns!guntootsmiley.gif and I still regard your opinion highly.

(thumbs u

Okay that is the only corner that doesn't appear as sharp as the others but I bet it is just turned down and that is acceptable as a sharp corner. I don't think the spine stress is as bad as it seems given the size of the scans and that is why I graded it so.

I could be wrong but I'll stick to my, ahem.. guns!guntootsmiley.gif and I still regard your opinion highly.

Thanks for everyone's input!

I am not sure how long it will take for me to see my grades once they show graded on the invoice, but now I am curious as I thought this would be a 9.6 easily. The only spine tick noticeable with the book in hand is the one on the front about halfway down. Also, do you suggest I lower my resolution on my scans a bit?

scans are fine. I just clicked on them to enlarge them and could see dings along the spine of the back cover. In hand it may grade higher and good luck with submitting them to CGC I hope you get high grades :wishluck: And let us know what you got when you get them back (thumbs u

In addition to South's comment, seem like bug chew on the bottom edge of fc, right below "IT" of "Gambit!" word. There are too many ticks on the spine of bc for me (8+). May be the scan increased the flaws too much but they are there.

2 more weeks for your submission I think, modern is running at 2 months (regular days)

GRADE SUMMARY AS OF JUNE 10, 2014 AM Uncanny X-Men #266

southerncross = 9.0

oakman29 = 9.0

timern = 9.4

AnhDepTrai = 8.5

everydayastory = 9.2

We may turn this into a little contest using all 9 books that wasteddraftpicks has submitted, with his blessings of course.

This would be a sample of the game so far. I'm thinking of using the golf score format. You score 1 for being dead on and 1 additional point for each grade away. The lowest score overall would win out of the nine (9) books that wasteddraftpicks will be posting.

If this book came back from CGC with a 9.0 grade the scores for the first hole would look like this:

First Hole (Par 4) lol golf humour

southerncross = 1

oakman29 = 1

timern = 3

AnhDepTrai = 2

everydayastory = 2

Your leaders would be southerncross and oakman, followed by AnhDepTrai and everdayastory, with timern in last place (not bloody likey he says coffeescreen.gif )

No prizes, just fun!

Anybody interested?

We may turn this into a little contest using all 9 books that wasteddraftpicks has submitted, with his blessings of course.

No prizes, just fun!

Anybody interested?

I'm in. I'll go and make sure I've posted my scores for wasteddraftpicks remaining books.