• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UPDATE: wasteddraftpicks Invitational Open FINAL POSTED P3 SCANS P5

46 posts in this topic

PRIZES (Graciously donated by Hector (jsilverjanet) shipping included):

FIRST PRIZE:KKbsXrt.jpg

7A4BEFB5-599A-4A26-BAFF-B6840D4E2020_zpsyiufwmta.jpg

SECOND PRIZE:VoMOf7g.jpg

FD80AAF0-5FA9-42D1-98A5-59DDFCD645B2_zpsxopfsel2.jpg

THIRD PRIZE:WuZPWFZ.jpg

569ED5E7-A5D2-4B23-94FF-D8F85CB3F4AD_zps8k67dohk.jpg

Our many, many thanks to Hector for his generosity and spirit! Thank you sir!

:news:

REVISED SCORING FORMAT

Please see the revised scoring format (in bold text) on Page 1 under Rules Item #4. This will have no change on the outcome of the contest but will make for better statistical analysis (with many thanks to Keston (Vision75) who has graciously offered his services and advice)

Thanks to everyone who has participated, assisted and commented so far with this impromptu tournament. It was a last minute, spur of the moment thought to kind of shake things up and create a little more excitement here on this wonderful PGM Forum.

Thanks everyone! flowerysmile.gif

Hey everyone! The books I submitted and that we are using for this contest have been updated to Shipped/Safe, AND THE GRADES ARE IN!!! While I have to wait to get the books in hand to provide photos, now is the time to post your final grades for the contest. Please see page 1 of this thread for the rules and links to each book. And thanks again to Timern for putting this all together and jsilverjanet for donating some really cool prizes. Good luck to everyone

:news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news:

This tournament will finish on June 20, 2014 10PM EDST. Results will be posted soon thereafter.

There will be 9 holes (books to grade) This invitational open is open to everybody!! Submit your grades within the links provided below. The last of the three books will be uploaded tonight and links will be added to this tournament sheet at that time.

Be sure to check out and join the thunsicker warm up Tournament. Click in the link below:

thunsicker's Small Warm-Up Tournament

Wow just realized this ended. Curios to see how bad I did compared to March Madness :wishluck:

Good luck to everyone and a big thank you to everyone who had a hand in organizing and running this as well as the donators of the great prizes :hail: :hail: :hail:

So how should we break the tie for the two 3rd place finishers? (Timern said his results don't count for prizes).

Normally there would be a "playoff hole" but in a case where there are no additional "holes" to submit the tie goes to the person with the most number of hole in ones. If that is a tie the person with the most single bogeys. If that's a tie the most double bogeys and so forth.

So the overall tournament winner is thunsicker at five over par, followed closely in second spot by phantomewan at six over par and the tie for third was eeyore787 with at seven over par broken based on four "hole in ones" .

Honourable mention and an automatic invitation to the next PGM Open goes to everydayastory at seven over par, however only three "hole in ones"!

Congratulations to all the winners! Well to be honest you are all winners in our book! Thanks so much for your participation and we will be advertising for the next PGM Open coming in August 2014. We expect thunsicker to defend his title. phantmewan to challenge thunsicker for it and everyone to return for a similar format but over a longer period of time. Scores will not be publicized as they were in this tournament and it will be a full regulation "18 holes" of excitement and fun.

Meantime the thunsicker Warm Up Tournament (prelude to the Green Eggs Tournament) is currently in session and we wish all participants well (but not enough that you defeat timern!!smiley-signs067.gif) and the upcoming 2014 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest set to kick off on July 1, 2014.

:acclaim:

The only one I totally messed up was the Captain America. I guess they decided the line across the Winter Soldier's rear was production related...

Hey no talking about the books while the tournament is going o.... oh sorry wrong tournament.congratualtions.gif

Where are the pics for the books or just grades posted .? don't know if I was too lenient or to harsh for any of the books

We're looking into that Mike and hopefully will get them up soon! :wishluck:

Where are the pics for the books or just grades posted .? don't know if I was too lenient or to harsh for any of the books

For now it is just the grades posted. The books are still in transit from CGC, but once I get them in hand I will post the graded versions to this thread!

:acclaim:

The only one I totally messed up was the Captain America. I guess they decided the line across the Winter Soldier's rear was production related...

Nice job Thunsicker! You killed it.