• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread CLOSED...Thanks for looking!

16 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a small collection and I need to pay a few bills, so I decided to try some Mystery Boxes and have some fun with it. :applause:

Terms:

• Paypal, check or money order are all accepted.
  • I will not do business with anybody on the probation list or the Hall of Shame. (tsk)
  • International customers are welcome to play, but please check with me for a shipping quote first. (thumbs u

Each Mystery Box will have a copper age CGC 9.8 slab, and part of the collection I mentioned above. There will be more added on top of that to be sure each box is worth what you paid for it.

There will be a grand prize of DC Comics Presents #26 CGC SS 9.8 WP, signed by Perez, Wolfman, and Starlin (GPA for 2 sigs is $700+), and a 2nd prize of Moon Knight #57 CGC SS 9.8 WP, signed by Stephen Platt.

You can buy a "single" box for $125 or a "double" box for $250. A single box will get one chance for a prize and a double box will get two chances.

All 20 slots will have to sell to kick in the extras.

I can do some basic themes. These won't necessarily cover the whole box. First come, first serve on the themes. The number in parenthesis is the number of boxes that can use the theme.

1. Infinity War 1-6 (2)

2. New Teen Titans, 1980 and 1984 series. I think I can do (4). One of these will include a 6.0 or so copy of NTT #44.

3. Superman

4. X-Men (mostly 90s stuff)

5. Jack Kirby DC and independent (less then 10 issues)

6. Valiant (2 or 3 nice #0 chromiums, but not the error versions)

7. Spider-Man

8. Secret Wars I and II (partial on both, no SW #8)

9. Bronze/Silver

10. Walt Simonson Star Slammers/Jim Starlin Dreadstar and Breed (independents from the early 90s)

I'll check and see if I can do any other themes.

What's the value of each box if it's 10 or 20?

Each box will be worth at least what you pay for it. Figuring that most copper/modern comics are worth $.50 to $1.00.

Please explain your price breakdown. I can't imaging being able to put more than 50 books in a priority shipping box. For a $250 price tag - that would be a long box of Copper books with a $1 per book price tag. A little more breakdown of the cost of the books will help a lot I think. Thanks.

Sorry re-read post. You will be throwing in a nice slab into each box and then packing the box with filler?

You've got it (thumbs u

Filler copper/modern books would be considered worth $.50 to $1.00. Obviously, I'll have to put some more expensive raws in there to make sure each box is worth $250. Either that, or you'll be getting a long box in the mail. :lol:

That comicalgem guy cleared me out.

If it's any consolation, having seeing your luck in action, you probably wouldn't win here either. :kidaround:

My positive frame of mind and my bottle of Jack are the two things I have left.

• Administrator

Just a reminder - raffles are not allowed.

If you are spending more money on something than it's worth in the hopes that you will be the advertised "lucky winner" to get the secret package that is instead worth more money than you paid, then you are gambling. Raffles / gambling aren't allowed.

The problem with this type of give away is the debate on whether the original box is worth buying for $250 if there was ZERO chance of a "big win".

When companies do this kind of thing - e.g. give you a shot at a prize when you buy their stuff - they are also usually held to a "no purchase necessary" requirement by law. So people can "sign up to win" even if they buy nothing.

Frankly, I don't know all of the ins-and-outs of the laws regarding this kind of thing so the actual moderation standard will be something like "if it smells like a raffle / game of chance, then it's out."

Just a reminder - raffles are not allowed.

If you are spending more money on something than it's worth in the hopes that you will be the advertised "lucky winner" to get the secret package that is instead worth more money than you paid, then you are gambling. Raffles / gambling aren't allowed.

The problem with this type of give away is the debate on whether the original box is worth buying for $250 if there was ZERO chance of a "big win".

When companies do this kind of thing - e.g. give you a shot at a prize when you buy their stuff - they are also usually held to a "no purchase necessary" requirement by law. So people can "sign up to win" even if they buy nothing.

Frankly, I don't know all of the ins-and-outs of the laws regarding this kind of thing so the actual moderation standard will be something like "if it smells like a raffle / game of chance, then it's out."

Thank you for the clarification (thumbs u

My intention was for the individual boxes to be worth the $250 purchase price or more and then two people would get a bonus on top of that, so that everybody is getting their money's worth and a couple of buyers would get a lot more.

To add to that, the mystery boxes I've bought recently have all been worth more than what I paid for them (comicalgems, miraclemet, shadroch) and from what I've seen, Mayor006s mystery boxes have all been that way as well.