• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Amazing Spider-Man #300

10 posts in this topic

I believe the red speck in the circle just to the right of Spidey's head is a red ink printing defect, but I'm uncertain...

Thanks for looking!

EDIT: I was unable to get imgur to function properly, but I prefer that service. Here are the direct links to view the book there in a better format:

scmuhx6.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/5bkKMf2.jpg

EDIT #2: It was pointed out that the back cover wasn't properly scanned, so I've fixed that.

ASM300Front.jpg

ASM300Back2.jpg

I'm at a 9.4/9.6 on this one.

To me it seems like CGC has been very lenient on ASM #300's over the past 6 months.

I'm a really big fan of this Comic and I've purchased 6 CGC 9.6's within the past 4 months and I returned 5 of them because they all had color breaking spine ticks, corner dings, non color breaking creases, all of these flaws were really visible from outside the slab.

2 of them had at least a 1/4" color breaking spine crease on them and one of the 2 also had a color breaking corner ding on the back cover.

One thing I noticed on all 5 of the ones I returned they were all graded within the last 6 months. The only 9.6 that I didn't send back, it was graded back in 2004.

Again, this is just my opinion but I feel like CGC has become extremely lenient with this Comic lately.

The book has been trimmed! :o

Okay, okay. Just to get your attention. The back cover scan has been "cropped" and it would be better to see the all edges of the back cover before passing a grade!

The book has been trimmed! :o

Okay, okay. Just to get your attention. The back cover scan has been "cropped" and it would be better to see the all edges of the back cover before passing a grade!

I didn't even notice - I must have placed it in the scanner poorly.

I'll update shortly.

9.4 IMHO! The front cover presents as a 9.8 but the back cover shows a number of spine stresses. It doesn't look as though any break colour. There is a small bindery tear visible on the LRBC.

Really sharp copy. I wouldn't be at all shocked if it came back at 9.6. This may also be a pressing candidate. You might consider sending it into Joey or Matt for consideration. Professional press may = 9.8?? :o