• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Tales to Astonish 44

12 posts in this topic

Please let me know what grade you think this is. There's a perfect small piece out with what appears as tape residue. I can't actually feel the tape residue with my finger. Poor old thing. :shy:

Thanks for looking. (thumbs u

TalestoAstonish44FrontCover_zps8d001b15.jpg

TalestoAstonish44BackCover_zps0703d8df.jpg

beautiful book. Not uncommon to see a seven with a folded over corner that has broken off so i wouldn't be surprised to see EDIT 6.5/7.0 but I really don't know because of the tape stains as well.

Some of the more erudite graders will have to chime in.

Thanks for the estimates so far. :) I was guessing a 4-4.5 myself. I'll probably send it in because it's not a copy I would care to hold on to, and even at a 4.0 it has some value.

Thanks again everyone. More opinions would be great!

This will come back a 5.5, possibly a 6.0. I have a golden age book that has all the structural attributes of an 8.0, but has a corner chip (about same size as your missing piece) off the front cover. Mine came back 5.5.

This will come back a 5.5, possibly a 6.0. I have a golden age book that has all the structural attributes of an 8.0, but has a corner chip (about same size as your missing piece) off the front cover. Mine came back 5.5.

I think a corner chip is much less obtrusive than the missing piece on this book. Unfortunately, the piece on this book it hits you right in the face. I do not think it would get a 6.0. I'm in the 4.0 camp, no higher than 4.5 .