• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thunsicker's Small Warm-Up Tournament

40 posts in this topic

Hey Guys

With Andy's blessing I want to offer a warm up tournament to his big one. I'm getting a load of books back from CGC soon :wishluck: and have all the raw scans loaded. This Friday at 7:00 PM CST I plan on posting books from that submission. Get your grading down before the real tournament

This here is the sign up thread, for all interested. Everyone is welcome to join in. Please post here if you would like to play in this contest.

1.) You will see 2 books per round, for 7 rounds. If needed I have some books for tie-breakers.

2.) There will be a 24 hour time limit between rounds. Look at the books; figure out the grades and PM me your guesses. Please use the same PM for all your guesses.

3.) No changing of grades will be allowed once submitted. Post only single, numerical grade for each book. If you post more than one grade (e.g. 8.5/9.0) then your submission for that round will be void. No excuses. As there will be 2 books per round, make it clear which grade is for which book. For example, say ASM #1 9.8 and on the next line say FF #1 9.9. Please don't screw this up.

4.) Scans are all post press and as they looked when I submitted them.

5.) Points awarded will be as follows; 5 points for a direct hit, 3 points for 1 grade off, 1 point for 2 grades off and -1 point for 3 grades off. If you are 4 grades off or more, I'm going to hit the "notify moderator" button.

6.) Prizes will be awarded for 1st and 2nd place finishers. If you feel the need to donate please do it in the thirdgreenham tournament.

7.) I've plagarized Andy's rules (which I didn't get the ok for) so mea culpa,

EDIT: I should add the cut off for entering the tournament is 6:30 PM CST. If you want in please post in this thread by then.

I'll add prizes here if there are enough participants.

Prize #3:

Low grade Spirit Sections:

1301142347521.jpg

1301142344481.jpg

Prize #4 (Again graded, but I won't tell you what until after round 2)

X-Men #95

x-men95_zpsec8b99a1.jpg

Prize #5

AmazingSpider-Man32_zpsf7e9c1d9.jpg

Prize #6 (This should fill out round 2)

NickFury6_zps8d7eb3af.jpg

wow count me in