• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly May 7-10, 2015

153 posts in this topic

I haven't been to a Wizard con in years. The CGC onsite grading is nice, but I just can't wrap my head around some of the things Wizard does. The only way to get Doctor Who autographs is if you buy a $550 VIP Dr Who Ticket?? "**It is likely that no Autographs will be available for pre-sale or at the show. VIP Admission is likely the only way to guarantee an Autograph**" (from WW site: http://www.wizardworld.com/doctorwhovip10.html)

Is this normal for Wizard World shows? I've never seen these types of prices for autographs before.

Wizard World is a huge scam. Other VIP tickets are $250 that gets you a picture or an autograph, but if you want more it's another $50. Buy a Th ticket when the show up on Groupon to submit everything to CGC and buy a Sun ticket to pick everything up. Or find someone on the board to do it for you.

I haven't been to a Wizard con in years. The CGC onsite grading is nice, but I just can't wrap my head around some of the things Wizard does. The only way to get Doctor Who autographs is if you buy a $550 VIP Dr Who Ticket?? "**It is likely that no Autographs will be available for pre-sale or at the show. VIP Admission is likely the only way to guarantee an Autograph**" (from WW site: http://www.wizardworld.com/doctorwhovip10.html)

Is this normal for Wizard World shows? I've never seen these types of prices for autographs before.

Stallone at new york was crazy

I had a VIP pass for David Tennant this past weekend at Raleigh. It cost $400 it was only good for one day. I believe this is the first time that the VIP pass has not been good for the entire weekend at least that I'm aware of. Fairly certain this will be my last time attending a wizard show

WOW. Wasn't it $10 last year?

But I just bought my Stephen Amell VIP ticket. WW needs to figure out their pricing. You can pay for VIP admission and get nothing for $250 or pay VIP admission and meet Allen Iverson for $25 less?

Maybe they already paid his appearance fee & nobody bought tickets so they're paying you to meet washed up basketball players so it doesn't look like a complete flop in inviting him?

But I just bought my Stephen Amell VIP ticket. WW needs to figure out their pricing. You can pay for VIP admission and get nothing for $250 or pay VIP admission and meet Allen Iverson for $25 less?

Just make sure you read the fine print. Regular VIP for the convention typically means early entry all days, which can be useful in terms of getting into some of the really bad lines ahead of everyone else. Often you also get to jump towards the front of the line with VIP. The "VIP experience" for an individual guest may just mean a single day's admission or it could be an extra event where the guest will be present. I don't think any of the VIPs guarantees anything other than maybe an autograph in the case of the individual "VIP experiences" and maybe they don't even do that anymore.

Just make sure you read the fine print. Regular VIP for the convention typically means early entry all days, which can be useful in terms of getting into some of the really bad lines ahead of everyone else. Often you also get to jump towards the front of the line with VIP. The "VIP experience" for an individual guest may just mean a single day's admission or it could be an extra event where the guest will be present. I don't think any of the VIPs guarantees anything other than maybe an autograph in the case of the individual "VIP experiences" and maybe they don't even do that anymore.

That's not really true - the vast majority of the Wizard World VIP celebrity tickets include VIP admission to all days of the con, 1 autograph & 1 photo opp ticket from the celeb in question and usually some assorted other swag too (a print, whatever the WD #1 variants are for that show, etc).

The only exception would be the discounted 1 day VIP experience they do for wrestlers and random sports people where it's clearly listed that it's just for a single day (but you still get the autograph, photo opp and swag).

I read all the VIP tickets (except WWE day passes). Each ticket has the 4 day pass and you get in half an hour early on Sat and Sun. But last year no one was even open half an hour early. It was really just standing in line for autos and pics like the above comment said. You do get a "fast pass" to meet whoever it is VIP package you bought. And you also get a B&W copy of The Walking Dead that is limited, but I imagine getting there Th or Fri you should be fine.

I would definitely buy a a guest VIP instead of the WW VIP. Last year the WW VIP gift was like 5 prints that I didn't really like any (and one of the prints from we got for free wasn't free... Arthur Suydam... it was just a free sig, the print was still $20). At least with the guest VIP you can get a pic and autograph if you want to. I would meet Hayley Atwell for $10 cheaper.

That's not really true - the vast majority of the Wizard World VIP celebrity tickets include VIP admission to all days of the con, 1 autograph & 1 photo opp ticket from the celeb in question and usually some assorted other swag too (a print, whatever the WD #1 variants are for that show, etc).

The only exception would be the discounted 1 day VIP experience they do for wrestlers and random sports people where it's clearly listed that it's just for a single day (but you still get the autograph, photo opp and swag).

I just know that these packages have changed in the past, and have read posts about people being disappointed in what they ended up with. Just wanted to stress that anyone buying such a package needs to be aware of exactly what they're getting.