• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly May 7-10, 2015

153 posts in this topic

I also met youmechooz, and he said jsilverjanet had just been by!

He hooked me up, so thank you Jason! Now go find that ms Marvel 1!

I was there to drop off 8 books for onsite grading but decided to go all in with a nice shiny new blank and get my first cover sketch for SS. It should be sweet. No more for now though about that.

I did get these four books at the show as well.

CEcQuIIUkAAyo-e.jpg

Not as many booths with comic books as I would have liked and very little OA that i noticed. Lots of stuff, prints and toys and shirts and stuff.

edited to add: no need to blow it up, that sticker on the SW8 says $50 and no I did not pay that.

Wow. Some people were angry. On site grading got cut off at 4 o'clock (the show opened at 3). Apparently they already graded several hundred issues (I think it was 600 when I stopped by at the end).

Good luck to everyone who are getting signatures tomorrow. I hope your artist is there early and on site is still open by the time they finish.

I didn't get my onsite's back today but I'll probably get them tomorrow or saturday. I dropped mine at about 1:40. They started accepting for anyone already inside (read: vendors) at 1:30 but apparently also accepted some yesterday as well during the first round of load-in.

They had or they graded? 600 was the graded number.

They aren't opening up early for dealers tomorrow because I asked if I could still drop off early. And they said noon, but you can line up and wait.

First day should be a lot of subs as most dealers do it thAt day. Sat is too crowded. Fri is the sweet spot for on site subs, good luck

Is onsite cutoff yet? Are they accepting onsite tomorrow? Any knowledge would be appreciated

I did SS stuff around 1:15 and they told me I needed to hurry if I wanted to get it in. That's the last I stopped over.

Just got home. Had a really good time. Huge thanks to Jason for hooking me up. Very much appreciated. I met Robbie briefly as he was setting up. Spoke with Doktor for a few minutes. Seems like a very cool guy. I also met facilitator Doug (dscott). Dropped off a book he is going to get signed for me next week in Atlantic City. Another cool guy.

My only regret was not having more money.

Is onsite cutoff yet? Are they accepting onsite tomorrow? Any knowledge would be appreciated

I did SS stuff around 1:15 and they told me I needed to hurry if I wanted to get it in. That's the last I stopped over.

Thanks for the info. I think I will bring the books anyway, only 5 to add to my 5 SS. Thanks to youmechooz I can be there early (Thanks again Jason, donuts coming in the am) so my hope is that they planned to take more books on Saturday.. I will submit either way, if they get onsite even better.

Thanks for the info. I think I will bring the books anyway, only 5 to add to my 5 SS. Thanks to youmechooz I can be there early (Thanks again Jason, donuts coming in the am) so my hope is that they planned to take more books on Saturday.. I will submit either way, if they get onsite even better.

There is a Dunkin Donuts a block from the convention center. 11th and Market I think.

There is a Dunkin Donuts a block from the convention center. 11th and Market I think.

Dunkin Donuts? PFAH! There is a donut place in Market Street Station or whatever it is called and they look crazy good - salted caramel, peanut butter cream, and stuff like that!