• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly May 7-10, 2015

153 posts in this topic

The donuts in Reading Terminal has a line gets crazy long on the weekend. It's ridiculous. Get there early. Really early.

And remember VIP tickets get in tomorrow half an hour early.

Just got home. Had a really good time. Huge thanks to Jason for hooking me up. Very much appreciated. I met Robbie briefly as he was setting up. Spoke with Doktor for a few minutes. Seems like a very cool guy. I also met facilitator Doug (dscott). Dropped off a book he is going to get signed for me next week in Atlantic City. Another cool guy.

My only regret was not having more money.

Nice meeting you too, boss! It was my first experience actually meeting any boardies in person when I wasn't just the next guy asking to see a book.

Hoping some more people stop by & introduce themselves whenever they're killing some time or needing to take a break/walk. There's 3 of us hanging out & I'm in & out of the booth a lot, but I hate bugging people when they're obviously hustlin for their next sale when I'm walking around (and I'm on a bit of a buying freeze myself at the moment. Unless someone is interested in a trade of some of the books I got back from CGC today, I'm going home with just slabbed version of everything I came with) so I don't really feel compelled to take time away from their wheeling & dealing to introduce myself & have a conversation.

But if you see some dude that looks perpetually pissed off with earrings in a TMNT/Deadpool mash-up t-shirt wandering around at some point tomorrow, feel free to say hey.

The donuts in Reading Terminal has a line gets crazy long on the weekend. It's ridiculous. Get there early. Really early.

And remember VIP tickets get in tomorrow half an hour early.

Awesome info all around! Thanks!

Belliers donuts in the terminal are legit, really don't have to worry about the line except around Thanksgiving and christmas. Line moves quick

Are you making a cameo this weekend?

So I just wanted to say CGC should not advertise on-site grading if they keep limiting non vendor badges.Even today I was first in line that wasn't a vendor... but there was approximately 16 people and a few had short boxes full of books.

But then again that's just me griping.

So I just wanted to say CGC should not advertise on-site grading if they keep limiting non vendor badges.Even today I was first in line that wasn't a vendor... but there was approximately 16 people and a few had short boxes full of books.

But then again that's just me griping.

I was 2nd in line.

I don't think non vendors are limited because I dropped off half a short box and I'm a non vendor. They started taking submissions again at noon (not a minute before like on W and Th) and can only grade so much a day.

I've decided to drop 1 last book that I had initially decided agains, but whatever. I might actually hold onto all 3 of the Phantom Spider-Gwens if they all come back 9.8.

I went yesterday and the show was terrible (for comic books and original art). Attendance was sparse with very few dealers and the dealers that did attend did not have a lot of great material. The only OA dealer there was Bechara and I sat at his table for over an hour in the late afternoon talking with a few fellow collectors and not one person stopped by. Even to look. Not one.

From what I've heard, collectors came last year, saw how few dealers were there, and decided not to return.

Here's how bad the show was - not only did State Farm have a booth, but so did an aluminum siding company.

The reality seems to be that many people only even show up because of CGC on-site at this show. If they were not there, it would be even worse.

I went yesterday and the show was terrible (for comic books and original art). Attendance was sparse with very few dealers and the dealers that did attend did not have a lot of great material. The only OA dealer there was Bechara and I sat at his table for over an hour in the late afternoon talking with a few fellow collectors and not one person stopped by. Even to look. Not one.

From what I've heard, collectors came last year, saw how few dealers were there, and decided not to return.

Here's how bad the show was - not only did State Farm have a booth, but so did an aluminum siding company.

The reality seems to be that many people only even show up because of CGC on-site at this show. If they were not there, it would be even worse.

:o I'm glad I decided not to go.

If I was going to Pitt I would definetly be in but will not be at Pitts myself. But would be fun.

I still remember the boardie dinner in NY every year during the NYC shows.. Used to be threads on here with all the pics. Was always a blast. Man that was a long time ago.

yeah i was talking to a comic shop here in Chicago about some of the "other" businesses at the show.

Pillows, lots and lots of corsets (is this a thing in Philly?), state farm, there was a booth cutting hair

yeah i was talking to a comic shop here in Chicago about some of the "other" businesses at the show.

Pillows, lots and lots of corsets (is this a thing in Philly?), state farm, there was a booth cutting hair

Let's just say that our Philly cosplayers need the corsets!

I was walking past the convention center center today and after seeing the costumed hordes, I was glad I didn't buy a ticket. There's nothing left at that show for me.

It was probably a bad idea to wear a basketball jersey on the day Allen Iverson canceled (I was wearing a Jordan jersey). I had so many people ask me if I heard the announcement.

big shout out to boardie youmechooz for hookin' a brother up!

Then I saw that he had an awesome comic and since it was only good form to buy something in return for his generosity...one on-site grading later and we have

CEqrGENUIAAQrGh.jpg

Total impulse buy but when someone hooks you up gratis you give them a reach-around!

Did I say that right?