• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Con Scam?

37 posts in this topic

The sure sign that a project will never go anywhere is the line 'take down Marvel and DC'

It's little kid stuff.

Look at it logically, if a great artist/writer created something so awesome that it began to get traction, and Marvel offered to hire them would they

A - keep working for free or

B - take the huge salary and distribution/movie deal possibilities etc.

This is one reason why the smaller publishers never get bigger-Marvel and DC have the money to hire away their top talent.

Cool theory. Maybe you should tell Kirkman about it.

The sure sign that a project will never go anywhere is the line 'take down Marvel and DC'

It's little kid stuff.

Look at it logically, if a great artist/writer created something so awesome that it began to get traction, and Marvel offered to hire them would they

This is one reason why the smaller publishers never get bigger-Marvel and DC have the money to hire away their top talent.

Image is a huge company. When I said Marvel/Dc I meant any large comic publisher. This guy is not a large comic publisher.

What exactly is a 1000% radius?

:roflmao:

Hell someone tell me what a 1% radius would be...

Dang he looks like a really nice guy. I wish his dream was possible...

It's little kid stuff.

I think it's more likely to happen in the reverse. People use Marvel and DC to make a name for themselves so their creator owned projects will have a following.

I doubt any number of successful creator owned talent would bother working for Marvel or DC.

You think Terry Moore would? Dave Sim? What would have made Dave Sim quit Cerebus to draw Spiderman, a paycheck? Doubt it. Nothing was going to stop him. What would have convinced him to hand over the intellectual property to Marvel or DC, a paycheck? Nope. Some people are artists and need to express themselves, as opposed to commercial illustrators completing tasks for pennies. Sometimes you have to do the latter to be able to afford to do the former, but when the former pays the bills, there doesn't seem to be much to convince an artist to waste their time doing the latter.

It's little kid stuff.

Image is a huge company. When I said Marvel/Dc I meant any large comic publisher. This guy is not a large comic publisher.

It is now. Once it wasn't and it grew from small beginnings by taking on Marvel and DC. Also, many Marvel staffers would laugh at your 'Huge salary' remark, many of them don't even get comp copies of books they work on.