• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The centerpiece of your collection

282 posts in this topic

I bet this wasn't a rule until Steve Borock.

i only recall them telling us not to SELL other companies slabs in the forum. i've posted the few pgx slabs i own at various times in gold threads.

i've posted the few pgx slabs i own at various times in gold threads.

trouble-maker

This is now my centerpiece, for me it doesn't get any better and the quest to find it was something I will never forget.

ST28FrontNorthfrd_zps83c78c40.jpg

:headbang:

....is this a pedigree ? Sweet book.... and I know how much you've wanted one like this. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It is the Northford copy. My grail. Had to be shared.

Congrats Chris! You've looked long and hard for a truly highgrade example. Is the Northford the best one you know of? Are there any extant from other pedigrees? :)

Well, it's not GA; and there's one other book that I would probably keep for sentimental reasons if I had to pick just one book to save in a fire. But this would be my centerpiece:

SugarSpike1.jpg

I would say S&S 1 slips under the wire as a GA book since it appeared a few months before Showcase 4. (Or makes it by a mile if you accept my view that the SA begins with FF 1.)

In any event, it's a great book and tough to find in decent shape.

This seems like the logical centerpiece of my Golden Age collection.

usa7chicago_zps74440b0a.jpg

Sensational book!

(But neither a Frisco nor a Larson! :D )

I KNOW right? Well, to be fair, there isn't a Larson & I don't know who has the Frisco :( So ..... should I change my board name to Friscago Larson????

Sensational book!

I KNOW right? Well, to be fair, there isn't a Larson & I don't know who has the Frisco :( So ..... should I change my board name to Friscago Larson????

lol

What a cool thread and you all have such AMAZING books and art!! (worship)

A tough question and unfortunately, the book I would say would be my absolute centerpiece... I don't own.

My favorite book in my collection, as of right now, is my Detective Comics 70 but I can see myself moving that book for another (copy of the same), so I sort of went with Straw-Man's "which of my big books would I be most reluctant to sell?"...

And with that thought in mind, right now I'd call this one my centerpiece but I really, really, really hope to replace that someday with another book.

ac41_zps776fa091.jpg

Sensational book!

ChiFrisCity San LarGo :insane:

Marvelous book!

A tough question and unfortunately, the book I would say would be my absolute centerpiece... I don't own.

My favorite book in my collection, as of right now, is my Detective Comics 70 but I can see myself moving that book for another (copy of the same), so I sort of went with Straw-Man's "which of my big books would I be most reluctant to sell?"...

And with that thought in mind, right now I'd call this one my centerpiece but I really, really, really hope to replace that someday with another book.

ac41_zps776fa091.jpg

Beautiful art from O'Mealia, who sadly did too little for comics. :applause:

ac41_zps776fa091.jpg

Very cool book. What do you hope to replace it with?

ac41_zps776fa091.jpg

That is one sweet book!

This is now my centerpiece, for me it doesn't get any better and the quest to find it was something I will never forget.

ST28FrontNorthfrd_zps83c78c40.jpg

:headbang:

....is this a pedigree ? Sweet book.... and I know how much you've wanted one like this. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It is the Northford copy. My grail. Had to be shared.

Congrats Chris! You've looked long and hard for a truly highgrade example. Is the Northford the best one you know of? Are there any extant from other pedigrees? :)

A whisper here or there of other nice copies, but nothing definitive.

Hard decision, I'll say this one. Windy City Copy. Took years to land one, and then more years to complete 3 issue run. Thank you Andy(Dr. Love) for selling it to me all those years ago!

I'm with Sagii on this one. Nothing like it, before or since.

NegroRomanceGroup_zpsd0c6a121.jpg

Very cool book. What do you hope to replace it with?

Prize Comics 18...

I've become obsessed with that book. :(