• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lesson Learned - Received an empty package today

58 posts in this topic

I contacted them already......all they say is they did nothing wrong, they said I have to file a claim with Canada post....oh ok then......

It's Happy Harbour Comics in Edmonton

Their website says they are "Canada's Best Comic Store." That must not be hard since there is only two… :baiting:

I contacted them already......all they say is they did nothing wrong, they said I have to file a claim with Canada post....oh ok then......

Good God, you know you can't trust people from Edmonton :makepoint:

I've dealt with them many times. They're nice enough although they're clueless on grading and pricing vintage items. I'm sure this is an honest mistake but their lack of concern is concerning.

Those scheming Albertans!

:mad:

Nothing good comes from Alberta.

:whistle:

Their website says they are "Canada's Best Comic Store." That must not be hard since there is only two… :baiting:

meh There are probably more comic shops in Winnipeg than in your whole state.

That's probably not much of an exaggeration. There are an unbelievable number here considering the population.

meh There are probably more comic shops in Winnipeg than in your whole state.

That's probably not much of an exaggeration. There are an unbelievable number here considering the population.

But there aren't any parks…

I've dealt with them for years ; first via mail order when they had a shop in Jasper, in person during my years in Edmonton and again via mail order when I moved away; and I have had nothing but great service from them, product as described. This seems totally out of place for them. Jay and his staff give comic shops a good name. Show us the correspondence between you and the shop. I suspect there is more here than what's being laid out on the table.

Funny you should say that.......I emailed him again a bit ago and he is working with me now. Not sure why he changed his tune all of a sudden but he seems in a better mood today........I'll let you know how it goes.

Good God, you know you can't trust people from Edmonton :makepoint:

lol It's those blasted musk ox and all that tundra. Makes people wonky

O

Three in Ottawa... :sumo:

148281.jpg

what the hell is that, an easy bake oven?

:grin:

Somewhere there's a little girl bawling because she got a box of comics instead of her Easy Bake Oven lol

148281.jpg

what the hell is that, an easy bake oven?

:grin:

Somewhere there's a little girl bawling because she got a box of comics instead of her Easy Bake Oven lol

lollol

Is the weight listed on the label? I had an order long ago that was several books short. I talked to the manager, gave him the weight on the label and then he packaged up a duplicate of the order. When the package came up light, he agreed they made a mistake and sent out missing books. Like your situation, this was new releases.

So he is being really nice now, as of last night he started a claim and is trying to get my money back......so bravo to them......I will keep you posted on the outcome, he is thinking someone opened the package, took out the comics and resealed it....

Can anyone tell me how much 7 comics would weigh? The package says it weighed 0.570 KG.......sound like 7 comics? I don't have a scale........