• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this the book with the Nazi marking inside?

48 posts in this topic

@conditionfreak: Good to hear you are bidding on it: this way hopefully no one here will indulge in a bidding war with you. (thumbs u

As far as eBay goes: yes, for security reasons they required a complete password reset from users. Gosh, you really did not know what "Qwerty" meant? :D

Hey, I just learned what "twerking" means. Miley showed me. I liked it.

When I was young, if you were called a "twerk". It meant something akin to being called a "twerp" or a "weirdo".

But now....a whole new meaning.

One thing are gergal expressions, which you might not know, but "qwerty" has been around since… say – the typewriter was invented. :D

In each country it obviously had its variation, in Italy is "qzerty" as we had the z where the w was in the english typewriter. With computer, and more "universal" keyboard layouts, this has pretty much been unified.

Ok, I'm off to draw swastikas and write racial slurs in all of my EC books and send them to CGC so I can get double the going rate for a 4.0 book. People are insane bidding on this, but not as bad as that Walking Dead #1 in the .5 grade

I bid on it because of the cover, and because I wanted to post the contents on here. Instead of speculating about what is inside.

P.S. I bid way under what the book will actually sell for. Just because of the cover. After all. It is slabbed. If I win it, I will be happy with the cover only.

Not to say, but we may have had our responsibility in driving the auction: even if just two boardies started to bid on it after reading this, it would pretty much explain the (unjustified?) interest? :D
True, but I've seen that with so many auctions by now.

Whenever a thread pops up with "what do you want to buy next" I stay out of it if it's something actually obtainable. If it's on eBay right now but I don't have the money, or if it pops up regularly enough, I'll talk about it when I have it. If it's something I haven't seen for sale in years, or never seen for sale, I'll talk about it, that's actually gotten me a copy of something I wanted once :D

But to point out an eBay auction and say "Check this out!" pretty much guarantees extra interest, if it's something interesting of course. I've seen people try to hype their own stuff that way and it not workng out for them lol