• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Also, while I am at it, someone knows if the Wizard 1/2 issues (which should be two) contain unpublished material or are just cover variants? Would be great to know.

From my experience, they are usually unpublished material. I believe they are like a short story with some character bios at the end. I only have a couple and they are pretty old though.

Thanks! (thumbs u

I replied to your Kamandi question in a previous post, don’t know if you have seen it, replies tend to get skipped as there are many posts…

I did and thanks for the info. I need to check out more stuff by Kirby. I've always been so Spidey centric I missed out.

Thanks for the offer but I don't want to participate in this mess show.

I'll buy them off you though. Let's take it to PMs.

:facepalm:

:facepalm: :facepalm:

There is nothing like offering to buy comics from a thread that is all about giving while at the same time saying the thread sucks. :banana:

Chris S.,

If you *hate* it so much, why bother to even stop in (shrug)

Oh wait, never mind...

+ 1

And guys, trying to be positive in the thread. Harvey is trying to do something positive here.

This statement you made earlier was extremely positive! :grin:

He just said it a few hours ago... Did he have a sudden change of heart? If so, I i will drop it otherwise it is a bit confusing.

And guys, trying to be positive in the thread. Harvey is trying to do something positive here.

This statement you made earlier was extremely positive! :grin:

It's a good thing we didn't see the negative side of him. :eyeroll:

He just said it a few hours ago... Did he have a sudden change of heart? If so, I i will drop it otherwise it is a bit confusing.

I think the treatment of some boardies has been pretty and I've stood up for them. I offered up money because a solid boardie I've done business with got treated pretty crummy.

However, we've moved on and I'm trying to engage in a civil discussion about comics. What do you think of Kirby?

I think the treatment of some boardies has been pretty and I've stood up for them. I offered up money because a solid boardie I've done business with got treated pretty crummy.However, we've moved on and I'm trying to engage in a civil discussion about comics. What do you think of Kirby?

And the people who believe otherwise... their opinions must obviously be wrong since they conflict with your almighty wisdom. (since you did "business with them" :eyeroll: ) Or maybe they are all just a bunch of bullies?

You could always start a new thread to discuss Kirby. You could call it "The Kirby Discussion" thread.

I'm glad the dust has settled from the 400+ new posts.... :ohnoez:

Both sides had a valid point.

- The rules are in place for a reason, let them play out and the people who deserve strikes will get them. Many people only post here once a day (which is still pretty darn often). Some of you who post all day need to think before you post (instead of typing every little thought that pops into your head) and your posts will be more constructive.

- In defense of Justin (HarveySwick) most of us don't know each other personally. It's all through a message board, so maybe Chip is a great guy in real life. However, the posting of an offer with no interest and a refusal to change it up was the exact reason Justin started this thread in the 1st place. It was a major problem in the PIF thread. Some new members may not know that history. So of course that was going to bother him. Justin, you are doing a great job overall in my opinion.

This has been a great thread. Sure, there have been some bumps and negative Nancy's but I've seen a bunch of RAK and solid offers from good members. I plan to join the fun at some point. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

oya-i-ll-buy-your-books-in-a-pm-that-s-not-how-it-works-that-s-not-how_zpsc0bd8626.jpg

lol I hate this lady... "I unfriend you." meh

@Gunnz - no need to be jealous. My wife actually got to sit by the little 5 foot in diameter, $10 plastic kiddie pool with my daughter while I got the awesome job of weeding. :whee: My back and legs feel like death!

I think the treatment of some boardies has been pretty and I've stood up for them. I offered up money because a solid boardie I've done business with got treated pretty crummy.

However, we've moved on and I'm trying to engage in a civil discussion about comics. What do you think of Kirby?

If by all of that you meant you retract that comment and want to give the thread a chance then I say wwlcome aboard. :)

For a "positive" thread there have been way to many negative comments from it's defenders. If you want to keep it a positive thread maybe just forgive whomever "wronged" you and move on rather than attacking them. Some of us who defended Chip did so not because we want the thread to fail, but because we saw unnecessary piling on. And bringing in things not relevant to the thread. As I stated way early on, my fear is there are way more negative outcomes from participating in the thread than positive outcomes. You all are proving me right, unfortunately.

If by all of that you meant you retract that comment and want to give the thread a chance then I say wwlcome aboard. :)

He has obviously rethought that, otherwise he would not be there, right Ben? ;)

It’s pretty much down to earth logic. Stop being teasy, c’mon.

For a "positive" thread there have been way to many negative comments from it's defenders. If you want to keep it a positive thread maybe just forgive whomever "wronged" you and move on rather than attacking them. Some of us who defended Chip did so not because we want the thread to fail, but because we saw unnecessary piling on. And bringing in things not relevant to the thread. As I stated way early on, my fear is there are way more negative outcomes from participating in the thread than positive outcomes. You all are proving me right, unfortunately.

Unfortunately, it’s how human nature is. No good reason to give up and thinking it will magically improve. You are needed as much as everyone else, but you must accept each other limits. :)