• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Man, thank goodness I went to sleep early last night because this thread was a little of :baiting: a little more of :frustrated: and a lot of :ohnoez:

Maybe in a different order depending who you ask. All I hafta say at this time is *spoon* the $50 member's fee, someone please take that Lois Lane book and yes, I voted for Kav. Don't judge me, I'm all for PROGRESS!

lol

The Lois Lane book is very cool. But after the way everyone piled on Chip there is no way I'm ever participating in this thread. If you want more people participating in this thread you have a funny way of showing it. Good luck with TGT.

The person offering up the LL was hoping you would think it was cool. If you take it then post up a book you think others will think is cool also. If your wrong then throw up another cool book until you find a person with your same taste. Takes some time but it's pretty much what the thread is about.

:news::news::news::news::news::news:

QUICK RECAP OF YESTERDAY'S EVENTS:

First off, I'd like to apologize for derailing this thread last night. I :preach: a lot about letting the system run it's course and letting people get strikes to show it works. I didn't really do that last night by calling Chip out publicly. doh! So, again, I apologize for letting my emotions get the best of me in true FDQ fashion and derailing the thread and turning it into something negative. Red84 has been nice enough to get us back on track and here is the CURRENT OFFER.

- Yesterday morning I asked people: don't publicly announce your intentions to claim something via the 48 Rule and I specifically had named 1Cool and Chip.

- Explanation and two hypothetical situations

- I tried to explain that by announcing their intentions, they were putting their own agenda before the community. 1Cool completely understood it and apologized. Chip didn't really seem to care and dismissed it. It bothered me, but I moved on.

- Chip had claimed the last offer that sat for 48 Hours. He knew he was going to try to claim the offer so most expected he'd have his offer ready when he did. He didn't. He went to bed and said he'd be back in the morning. Again: It bothered me, but I moved on.

- Chip posted an offer of some random GA books (I think?). This seemed like an unpopular offer right off the bat, so he switched it up with some non-consecutive, incomplete Komandi books. Don't know anything about the series, it's an offer. (shrug)

- Then Chip came on last night and said ah well, it's a solid offer. I'm not switching it up. It felt this was an arrogant statement - like he didn't care to make his offer exciting or possibly already had someone to take it at 48 hours. Really bothered me, stewed a little bit, moved on.

- Where it boiled over and I should have just closed the computer down for the night was seeing Chip's latest acquisition of books and I posted my thoughts HERE. :pullhair: and :facepalm:

- It just bothered me that the community has done a lot for a person and they feel there are books that are "good enough" to give back and that's that. It felt like a slap in the face to everyone here that helped him in the past and given him something. There didn't seem to be any care to try to offer something of value back. And I don't mean value strictly as in $, but something members in the community really would want. Other than something that isn't going to affect your "inventory" because you couldn't really sell it anyway.

- But again, I should NOT have said anything in public. I apologize to the participants in this thread. I hope we can get this thread back on track. Thank you once more Red84 for restarting the thread. :golfclap:

:popcorn:

:news::news::news::news::news::news:

- It just bothered me that the community has done a lot for a person and they feel there are books that are "good enough" to give back and that's that. It felt like a slap in the face to everyone here that helped him in the past and given him something. There didn't seem to be any care to try to offer something of value back. And I don't mean value strictly as in $, but something members in the community really would want. Other than something that isn't going to affect your "inventory" because you couldn't really sell it anyway.

- But again, I should NOT have said anything in public. I apologize to the participants in this thread. I hope we can get this thread back on track. Thank you once more Red84 for restarting the thread. :golfclap:

Harvey, it’s not been the "public" vs. "private", IMO, but that’s how we word our observations that is always related to our (often) unbalanced passions and emotional states.

I think it would have all gone pretty smoothly if everyone voiced calmly and reasonably their opinions, but again – we know we can’t expect it in a public forum.

I just hope Chip is not offended and takes your partial apology for good, while at the same time reflecting upon the whole thing.

Said this… you do not even know what Kamandi is? :facepalm:

You are beyond me and I will never accept any hagiography of Frank Miller's Daredevil from now on! lol

Did I miss Chip's offer being taken/rejected?

Why isn't it the current offer?

For a start, you could read my attempt at summarization:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7854857#Post7854857

The whole chain of events is a bit long, but now Red’s is the current offer, and includes a low grade Lois Lane with the first Catwoman. (thumbs u

Chip has offered the ASM 298 and 289 to me which I'm only willing to do if it helps mend some fences. He offered up his current offer to anyone and pretty much said he is done with the thread other than to offer up books from time to time. He was very upset last night so I'm hoping a resolution can be worked this sunny morning. The current offer is a nice LL 70 and some Sups books.

I'm leaving both my offers up for people to take them as gifts (whether I eventually get a strike or not), and then bowing out of the regular part of this thread.

He still did not want to honor his end of the deal and quit the thread.

You're right., I didn't. If Red wants to shelve his books for the time being I will change up my offer to something that has heavy interest and won't last long.

It's up to you.

The other two lots will still be here as RAK gifts for anyone to claim.

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

He still did not want to honor his end of the deal and quit the thread.

You're right., I didn't. If Red wants to shelve his books for the time being I will change up my offer to something that has heavy interest and won't last long.

It's up to you.

The other two lots will still be here as RAK gifts for anyone to claim.

Peace,

Chip

:o(worship)

I’m glad to see this effort, on all parts. It’s quite uplifting.

Now some Kamandi just to show Harvey what the fuss is about…

w4U3Kghh.jpg

Dr2TPyYh.jpg

OEyeQPrh.jpg

One of the most touching episodes:

1x1NkuCh.jpg

and a map of the post-disaster earth for good measure:

sFeFBD4h.png

More Kirby awesomeness here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/65185095@N00/with/4610447623/