• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Yer gonna need a bigger offer...

Peace,

Chip

Come on - its obvious he is changing up the classic quote "your going to need a bigger boat". I don't think he meant any offense by it but I have been wrong before.

It is so hard for some to refrain from critiquing the current offer and/or stating their interest in an offer they may not be immediately eligible for...

:eyeroll:

Agreed. I thought a simple "please" might have helped, but it didn't.

:news::news::news::news::news::news:

(b)(ii)If you state interest in an offering and are subject to the 48 Hour Rule, you are ineligible to claim the offering.

:news::news::news::news::news::news:

This rule change will go into effect after the current offering. (thumbs u

Yer gonna need a bigger offer...

Peace,

Chip

Come on - its obvious he is changing up the classic quote "your going to need a bigger boat". I don't think he meant any offense by it but I have been wrong before.

Wow. Yes, this is exactly right. I was just changing up the quote based on how comments have gone since the thread began. I thought I was being humorous.

I didn't mean to offend anyone.

This thread has really gone overly-sensitive now, yeas?

Peace,

Chip

Peace,

Chip

You lookin at me? You must be looking at me since there is no one else here.

Peace,

Chip

You lookin at me? You must be looking at me since there is no one else here.

Don't ask me about my offer (godfather)

Edited by Scturo

The comment could have been read in ambiguous ways, as it might happen, especially with telematic written communication, which is closer to talk than to proper writing, but yes – the thread is bound to become over-sensitive as I had no serious intention to pick that ASM… I already have it. It was just meant as a compliment for KPR good taste – sorry Harvey! :)

I know it was worded like that: it is a laudative! lol

Seriously, anyway, I do not think such comments should influence much the offerer: if an offer is destined to go unclaimed (regardless of its potential desirability), then it will happen, but in general it’s more bound someone will grab it, IMO.

I know it was worded like that: it is a laudative! lol

Seriously, anyway, I do not think such comments should influence much the offerer: if an offer is destined to go unclaimed (regardless of its potential desirability), then it will happen, but in general its more bound someone will grab it, IMO.

I disagree. Knowing that there is a safety net of someone who WILL eventually claim the item alleviates the pressure (to many people, if not most) of offering something that will attract the attention of 'someone new' (e.g. someone who isn't waiting for the 48hrs). This doesn't mean anyone evil or lazy or cheap, but does result in the same people grabbing stuff in the thread, and the thread moving slower than it otherwise might. Of course that doesn't happen in every case, but I think in general those are the consequences that are trying to be avoided, and the reason for the rule.

REVISED OFFER: ASM 90 raw VF. Some stack rub on back is the only real flaw.

Shipped to CONUS.

Capt. Stacy + :tonofbricks: = not cool for him.

PLUS: Choose 1 of the following:

Bonus Option 1: Batman 227 - solid book with an unfortunate tape pull but a solid book nonetheless. Fellow boardie was heartbroken when he unintentionally defaced it, sold it to me at an extremely fair price. I've read it, owned it and it's time to pass it on. There's a before and after shot that I lifted from his old thread (book is at home, I'm at work).

OR

Bonus Option 2: I donate $50 to Hero Initiative in your name, your Aunt Flo's name, anonymously, or however you choose.

Trying to keep this positive and keep it moving.

gqkINy6l.png

G7ZiJwzl.jpg

ZcX2ai4l.jpg