• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

KRAK KRAK KRAK

55l1k1.jpg

Added to KRAK-Bonus Ms Marvel KRAK (!):

nv8l0n.jpg

Another bonus to add to KRAK:

dollarbill.jpg

I think its been long enough. :takeit: If no one else is gonna take these beautiful ladies home. I will. They can go next to wonder woman. :)

KRAK KRAK KRAK

55l1k1.jpg

nv8l0n.jpg

dollarbill.jpg

I think its been long enough. :takeit: If no one else is gonna take these beautiful ladies home. I will. They can go next to wonder woman. :)

Congrats! those look great.

Harvey, just to be clear if kav becomes a famous artist (which in my mind he already is). Can we sell his krak when it is now worth bags of money. :grin:

As long as people cut kav back a certain percentage! :grin:

Harvey, just to be clear if kav becomes a famous artist (which in my mind he already is). Can we sell his krak when it is now worth bags of money. :grin:

As long as people cut kav back a certain percentage! :grin:

I've spoken to Kav and have agreed to be his manager.

We have an immediate need for models to pose for his Sketches. Women who are "gifted" with huge badonkadonk, junk in the trunk, ghetto booty, j-lo booty, or former baby got back videos please contact us at

kavbootylover@buttsrus.com

only serious considerations will be considered. pics welcomed, but not necessary. Measurements are a requirement.

Thank you

This idea of claiming something generously offered up solely for the purpose of selling it on eBay was a very negative discovery that turned a LOT of people off of the PIF thread. Why wouldn't the original offeror simply sell their offering themselves on eBay? (shrug)

This is precisely why I created this thread and I hope people are not actively doing this. Claiming something only to sell for profit. I'm not naive and I know that happens - it's just kind of sad. :facepalm:

Let's try not to harp on the issue. What's said was said. Let's move on from it and wait for Hector to offer up some drek later this afternoon/evening. :popcorn:

You’re right – on the other hand I don’t think Chip was suggesting one may or should dishonestly "take advantage" of the offers (as we witnessed in PIF), or "sell them immediately on eBay" (why eBay?). I think he just meant that if the monetary value is there, the offer is bound to move.

It might just happen that in a four items/books offer you are interested in – say – two, so you pick up the offer chiefly for the ones you want.

For example, I never sell on eBay. I am just lazy I guess… But when I see a cool offer and have something adequate to offer of same or different kind/age, I can claim it even if I am just partially interested. The intent is be honest, generous, consistent, not necessarily not to sell, ever.

This idea of claiming something generously offered up solely for the purpose of selling it on eBay was a very negative discovery that turned a LOT of people off of the PIF thread. Why wouldn't the original offeror simply sell their offering themselves on eBay? (shrug)

This is precisely why I created this thread and I hope people are not actively doing this. Claiming something only to sell for profit. I'm not naive and I know that happens - it's just kind of sad. :facepalm:

Let's try not to harp on the issue. What's said was said. Let's move on from it and wait for Hector to offer up some drek later this afternoon/evening. :popcorn:

You’re right – on the other hand I don’t think Chip was suggesting one may or should dishonestly "take advantage" of the offers (as we witnessed in PIF), or "sell them immediately on eBay" (why eBay?). I think he just meant that if the monetary value is there, the offer is bound to move.

It might just happen that in a four items/books offer you are interested in – say – two, so you pick up the offer chiefly for the ones you want.

That is an extremely generous spin that you put on his statement. So much so that I have to wonder if we read the same statement.

For example, I never sell on eBay. I am just lazy I guess… But when I see a cool offer and have something adequate to offer of same or different kind/age, I can claim it even if I am just partially interested. The intent is be honest, generous, consistent, not necessarily not to sell, ever.

I think he meant exactly what he said. If someone doesn't like what is offered then take the offer and sell the books so you can buy what you want. Works out well as long as the books you are offering up are equal or more in value ten the ones you took but then why not sell the original books? Not much interpretation there.

KRAK KRAK KRAK

55l1k1.jpg

nv8l0n.jpg

dollarbill.jpg

I was waiting for Kav to offer a Benjamin Franklin with them.

KRAK KRAK KRAK

55l1k1.jpg

nv8l0n.jpg

dollarbill.jpg

Im think it would be awesome if Kav did a sketch on the dollar bill. :baiting:

KRAK KRAK KRAK

55l1k1.jpg

nv8l0n.jpg

dollarbill.jpg

Im think it would be awesome if Kav did a sketch on the dollar bill. :baiting:

Better not! You draw a big booty on a bill and you instantly summon Bill Clinton!

Youre right on the other hand I dont think Chip was suggesting one may or should dishonestly "take advantage" of the offers (as we witnessed in PIF), or "sell them immediately on eBay" (why eBay?). I think he just meant that if the monetary value is there, the offer is bound to move.

It might just happen that in a four items/books offer you are interested in say two, so you pick up the offer chiefly for the ones you want.

For example, I never sell on eBay. I am just lazy I guess But when I see a cool offer and have something adequate to offer of same or different kind/age, I can claim it even if I am just partially interested. The intent is be honest, generous, consistent, not necessarily not to sell, ever.

I think he meant exactly what he said. If someone doesn't like what is offered then take the offer and sell the books so you can buy what you want. Works out well as long as the books you are offering up are equal or more in value ten the ones you took but then why not sell the original books? Not much interpretation there.

I'm in for some devil's advocate here, not because I'm 'pro claim and flip', but because I'm 'pro once the book is yours do whatever the eff you want with it, its your dam book and none of my business'.

Example: There's a ASM 50 up for grabs, (price range $70-$100). I grab it and throw down a Silver Surfer 4 of around equal value (maybe a bit less). It's snatched up immediately. I get the ASM50 book, send out the SS4, no problem.

What if I have a comic shop and the SS4 has been up in my store for a year at $100? A guy comes in and asks about ASM50 (which I don't have). IS IT OK WITH YOU THAT I BASICALLY TRADED COMICS and sold him the ASM50? The Giving Tree dude got SS4 he wanted, my customer got an ASM50 he wanted, and I got PAID. Did I screw anyone, is it the worst thing ever? Have I crushed the soul of the Giving Tree?

What if I traded the SS4 for the ASM50 (via giving tree)

and just put it up in my store because I think it makes sense to rotate wall books every so often, and it sold immediately, is that terrible?

What if my car broke down the week after the giving tree transaction and I decided to sell the comic to help pay for repairs, did the Giving Tree cry because I sold the comic I got from it to help pay for a new alternator?

I'm not advocating taking and not giving back, or saying there won't be people trying to abuse the tree. I'm just saying there are mechanisms in place to judge the actual offer, without worrying about intent. Either the following offer is good enough or its not, no reason to worry about or judge what happens to an offer AFTER it is claimed. There's just too many variables and complexities to the lives of total strangers to judge their motivations in my opinion.

To say, "why not sell something to buy the other thing you want because the dollar value is equal?" is way too simplistic in my opinion. Some things are rare, or you didn't know you wanted it until you saw it, or people are just lazy sometimes to sell their comics, and some people I know NEVER sell their comics, but do trade them.

Those are all fine and dandy examples...

but clearly different than someone saying -

:takeit: that ASM #50 ... here is a TPB as my offering! And then a few days later seeing the ASM #50 up for sale.

One upon a time in the PIF thread, a member took some high grade Infinity Gauntlets (I think those were the books) and said "I always wanted to read this series" and IMMEDIATELY listed them on eBay. :facepalm:

However, not everyone has honorable intentions. :sorry:

Those are all fine and dandy examples...

but clearly different than someone saying -

:takeit: that ASM #50 ... here is a TPB as my offering! And then a few days later seeing the ASM #50 up for sale.

One upon a time in the PIF thread, a member took some high grade Infinity Gauntlets (I think those were the books) and said "I always wanted to read this series" and IMMEDIATELY listed them on eBay. :facepalm:

However, not everyone has honorable intentions. :sorry:

We dont' disagree on these points, nobody wants junk donkey situations. But I think we would want EVEN less to attempt to police or shame people for what they do AFTER an item comes into their possession.. But I think the mechanisms you set in place already PREVENT those situations, and rightly so. To the point where it shouldn't matter what happens to an offer after it is in the possession of a new owner.