• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I just sort of equated the "THAT" with :ohnoez::frustrated:

:grin:

And I was just about to edit my post to delete the "Chip. Breathe." :sorry:

I should have just included the original offer in my reply and explained that he switched it up.

No worries, Hakuna Matata and all that jazz.

:foryou:

Peace,

Chip

Come on - don't sound ignorant. A majority of the people involved with this thread have already taken something this month and I'm guessing the fence sitters are very specific as to what they are looking for their collection. Definetely a big offer.

I'm not ignorant. A great offer can be sold and that money could be used to purchase exactly what someone is looking for. There's more than one way to go out acquiring something in your wheelhouse as far as this thread is concerned.

Peace,

Chip

I didn't say or mean that you are ignorant. Saying a thread has jumped the shark when an offer sits for 2 days sounds like you may be ignorant of the reasons for it sitting. At this point I'd guess anything but a premier offer will sit for two days unless the right person stumbles on the thread at the right time.

Lets switch up the current offer; PICK 2 from the following:

141nk3n.jpg

11w4h3s.jpg

fan5me.jpg

vn1e8g.jpg

2ljibgp.jpg

2sahs39.jpg

22nyna.jpg

2075cvm.jpg

I'm really shocked that this offer made it all the way to the 48 hour barrier. I'm hand off on this one but I like the way you mixed it up and added some sweet books.

Dangnabit. NICE offer.

Can we amend the the one month in between claims waiting rule? :baiting::devil:

48 hours after the initial offer, regardless of whether they switch it up or not?

If so...

:cry::censored:doh!:frustrated:

Yeah! :) That's why I've been updating the dates/times in the second post. I'll try to update that info as soon as possible. The 48 Hour Rule waiting period begins as soon as they list their FIRST option. (thumbs u

:taptaptap:

Hurry up and get your drek up! :baiting:

:grin::kidaround:

Hopefully he will throw up a NM Swamp Thing 37 - he has been buying up a stack of them.

Come on - don't sound ignorant. A majority of the people involved with this thread have already taken something this month and I'm guessing the fence sitters are very specific as to what they are looking for their collection. Definetely a big offer.

I'm not ignorant. A great offer can be sold and that money could be used to purchase exactly what someone is looking for. There's more than one way to go out acquiring something in your wheelhouse as far as this thread is concerned.

Peace,

Chip

And as soon as the board detectives found you doing that you'd be ripped a new one...

Peace,

Chip

Ah..... no... That is not how it should work. :facepalm:

If you're mentality is that you can claim an offer to sell it and buy something you really want, then you're assuming what you offer in return doesn't have the same value.... Otherwise you could just sell what you already have now.

Not trying to beat this topic with a dead horse, but you shouldn't be looking for things to flip and offering "junk donkey" stuff in return.

Not saying you've done that before, because I can't keep up with all the posts in this thread. Just going by the comment above.

Peace,

Chip

Ah..... no... That is not how it should work. :facepalm:

If you're mentality is that you can claim an offer to sell it and buy something you really want, then you're assuming what you offer in return doesn't have the same value.... Otherwise you could just sell what you already have now. Not trying to beat this topic with a dead horse, but you shouldn't be looking for things to flip and offering "junk donkey" stuff in return.

Not saying you've done that before, because I can't keep up with all the posts in this thread. Just going by the comment above.

+ 1 :facepalm:

It does seem poor form to turn around and sell something you got off this thread-- be it the current offer or the RAK/KRAK/CRAK etc types.

Not sure if there is a time limit on that but I have no intention of selling anything I have claimed. I thought the point of claiming was that the offer really hit you where you lived AND if it as a current offer, the items you let go are things that are also items you truly hate to let go but want to share with someone else.

maybe I am getting that wrong-- seems the point of the thread though

It does seem poor form to turn around and sell something you got off this thread-- be it the current offer or the RAK/KRAK/CRAK etc types.

Not sure if there is a time limit on that but I have no intention of selling anything I have claimed. I thought the point of claiming was that the offer really hit you where you lived AND if it as a current offer, the items you let go are things that are also items you truly hate to let go but want to share with someone else.

maybe I am getting that wrong-- seems the point of the thread though

People here wouldn't like that because in the original PIF thread person claimed something, and then sold it on Ebay almost immediately. Needless the say when this was found it led to a lot of butt hurt.

Peace,

Chip

Another uproar caused by something Chip says. What a surprise.

This idea of claiming something generously offered up solely for the purpose of selling it on eBay was a very negative discovery that turned a LOT of people off of the PIF thread. Why wouldn't the original offeror simply sell their offering themselves on eBay? (shrug)

This is precisely why I created this thread and I hope people are not actively doing this. Claiming something only to sell for profit. I'm not naive and I know that happens - it's just kind of sad. :facepalm:

Let's try not to harp on the issue. What's said was said. Let's move on from it and wait for Hector to offer up some drek later this afternoon/evening. :popcorn: