• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

:news: ITS RAK TIME! :news:

Ok First off I'm going to start slow and small with my first RAK offer. But they will get better and better don't worry!

Shipping to all of the US of A. And maybe even the world. (Havent decided yet)

First up is the Super Rare 1 of 1. Stolen Library Variant of The Manhattan Projects: Volume 1 TPB!

Ok little back story. My friend checked out this book at the library at the College we attended, one day, someone stole the book from him. The college charged him for it, two weeks later it is returned to the library by some person, and he gets a call to come pick up his book. Library said they couldn't refund him, so they just gave him the book. And he gave the book to me. So now its someone else's turn to have a good read of it.

Please note, its not in great condition.

Next up in this lot is Avigon by Che' Gilson & Jimmie Robinson. Odd book but really cool. (and it great condition)

iWEVUkMh.jpg

JKYvHSZh.jpg

The last few things are not pictured. And they are:

(1) SideKick #1 First print. (One of my favorite current series out right now, which is why Id love more people to read it)

(2) The Superior Spider-Man #1 Fourth Print. (The series that got me into Spider-Man in general, I believe a must read)

If this is still available when I get back from the Comic Shop. I will be adding to it.

And don't worry, I will be filling the entire box or large padded envelope with all sorts of good reading material.

Be back in a few.

-Kystix

Those are all fine and dandy examples...

but clearly different than someone saying -

:takeit: that ASM #50 ... here is a TPB as my offering! And then a few days later seeing the ASM #50 up for sale.

One upon a time in the PIF thread, a member took some high grade Infinity Gauntlets (I think those were the books) and said "I always wanted to read this series" and IMMEDIATELY listed them on eBay. :facepalm:

However, not everyone has honorable intentions. :sorry:

We don't disagree on these points, nobody wants junk donkey situations. But I think we would want EVEN less to attempt to police or shame people for what they do AFTER an item comes into their possession.. But I think the mechanisms you set in place already PREVENT those situations, and rightly so. To the point where it shouldn't matter what happens to an offer after it is in the possession of a new owner.

I agree with what you're saying to an extent. (thumbs u

That incident just left such a bad taste in my mouth. Sometimes I may seem defensive because I don't appreciate when some jump in here saying "this is PIF for the rich" and similar blanket, ignorant statements. That is NOT the case here. But the "equally generous" offer is only stressed to prevent situations like that aforementioned PIF fiasco. Not everyone has watched and observed some of the horror shows that took place in that thread. meh

Revat… :cloud9:

Revat honeymooning in Italy… :cloud9: :cloud9:

Harvey, it’s understandable, but it’s never easy to judge properly in detail. It seems clear that now that these things have been denounced, people are reflecting more on their attitudes, and that’s good.

RAAK

Free to whoever wants it.

Shipping on me to Australia and USA.

Elsewhere we will need to talk about it.

Be nice to see another Aussie join in!

MindMgmtnn98_zps10ac1af6.jpg

Mind Mngt #1 nn ($1 variant) - hopefully someone will like it.

Enjoy!

:takeit: if still available, thanks mate!

Edited by Scturo

:takeit: that ASM #50 ... here is a TPB as my offering! And then a few days later seeing the ASM #50 up for sale.

One upon a time in the PIF thread, a member took some high grade Infinity Gauntlets (I think those were the books) and said "I always wanted to read this series" and IMMEDIATELY listed them on eBay. :facepalm:

The infinity gauntlet series wasn't really high grade, it was vf-nm range. But the whole PIF offer was infinity guantlet 1-6, lobo 1-4, death the high cost of living 1-3, Batman Inc 0-13, and Punisher (Rucka 2011) 1-16. The offer actually included mcfarlane spidey 1-30 but he decided to pass on those after the fact.

But ya a bunch of them including the IG run were on ebay about 5 days later.

The infinity gauntlet series wasn't really high grade, it was vf-nm range. But the whole PIF offer was infinity guantlet 1-6, lobo 1-4, death the high cost of living 1-3, Batman Inc 0-13, and Punisher (Rucka 2011) 1-16. The offer actually included mcfarlane spidey 1-30 but he decided to pass on those after the fact.

But ya a bunch of them including the IG run were on ebay about 5 days later.

Yeah - puke city. I'm sure the "offer" that followed was nothing sort of..."awesome". meh