• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

So you are going on the library's PL list?

What ticks me off is I checked out a DVD for work. I used it for educational purposes. They have teacher accounts, but apparently it is only good on books and not DVDs.

The woman's judgmental tone also really bothered me. I was just trying to check out a Transformers film for my son anyway and the late fees were more than the film. They were actually more than the original film and the Transformers film combined.

Nice Avengers but someone should have grabbed that ASM set. 1st Black Cat and Carnage!

+1

I thought that was a great offer.

it was a terrific offer, I just think most people had it, why else would it not be taken? Thats the only reason I can think of, people had one or both and didnt want to claim them just to flip them on ebay. :shrug:

I think the current offer is great too as it has issues that others may not have. Personally, I don't own anything from current offer save a single superman issue, where the ASM I have. just my 2c

Nice Avengers but someone should have grabbed that ASM set. 1st Black Cat and Carnage!

+1

it was a terrific offer, I just think most people had it, why else would it not be taken? Thats the only reason I can think of, people had one or both and didnt want to claim them just to flip them on ebay. :shrug:

I think the current offer is great too as it has issues that others may not have. Personally, I don't own anything from current offer save a single superman issue, where the ASM I have. just my 2c

both are solid offers, but there are those out there who might be afraid to take something good and not be able to match value/awesomeness with their own offer, and then be publicly shamed like a middle school boy who airballs two free throws with a minute left in a tie game at the city championships....or something.

+1

Shouldn't be a problem any more since I'm sure a few people do not have a nice presenting Avengers 5 in their collection.

+1

That's probably true too. I gave up my #361 in the PIF a few months ago and have never owned a #194. But it was such a great offer that I knew I didn't have anything of equal value.

But great offers all around.

both are solid offers, but there are those out there who might be afraid to take something good and not be able to match value/awesomeness with their own offer, and then be publicly shamed like a middle school boy who airballs two free throws with a minute left in a tie game at the city championships....or something.

But I think Hector was trying to assuage those fears with different levels of offers. He WANTS to include new people to this thread - both the "haves" and "have nots" ( :eyeroll: ) . So pretty much anyone can participate based on what they can reciprocate with. I think it is a terrific idea! :headbang:

+1

Don't worry Revat, nobody remembers that game. There was a violation the the free thrown anyway, ref should have awarded you another shot, and you would have made it!!!

+1

Don't worry Revat, nobody remembers that game. There was a violation the the free thrown anyway, ref should have awarded you another shot, and you would have made it!!!

I fouled out of that game, and it was 8th grade. Get your story straight.