• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

lol

It hurt a bit when I had to let the book go (at the same price I paid it, BTW), but it was the only issue I felt I could sacrifice, as it was the most valuable I had and the one I was less interested in for my focus (except for London: I’d have loved to keep his first appearance). ;)

so who took my comic?

I think the answer would be no one so far. Any other options you want to test the waters with (up to you).

no because everything else I'm going to sell!

VjEkJdI.jpg

:roflmao:

I didn't say the offer wasn't good. I was just responding to your post.

Right-I think it's wrong though to come in the giving tree knowing you're only gonna have one offer and if no one takes it you walk with a freebie.

Christ on a stick - it seems every time I give away a nice slab it all goes to hell in a handcart.

What's this Uchina fellow supposed to have done wrong with offering a coverless Bats #4?

If you have an interest in 'marrying' books, or if you have a copy missing some pages that this copy has - then you are quids in.

Even not, if someone grabbed this book, and waited , even if it took a while, the right copy to marry this to will come along.

I'd imagine if someone took this, then PM'd some Gold Forum members, they'd soon have a complete, but married bats #4 - and that's worth a fair bit of dosh.

I'm not going to give the guy a strike after 24 hours.

I'll wait until the 48 hour crowd have a chance.

And if there is no interest, and he won't change it up, then the slab goes back up for grabs and Uchina gets a month.

I'm sure someone will be kind enough, without resorting to snarky emoticons or outright douchebaggery, to tell me when the 3 day period is due to expire.

And then, and only then, will I veto the offer.

Not just because you all have a bullseye on this fellas back.

2c

Edited by Beige

It's not so easy to find marriage partners. I've been looking for years for certain books and no luck. In fact it's near impossible. I'd say no bats 3 cover will appear on ebay for the next 10 years and magically finding the 4 wraps that are missing-no way.

It's not so easy to find marriage partners. I've been looking for years for certain books and no luck. In fact it's near impossible. I'd say no bats 3 cover will appear on ebay for the next 10 years and magically finding the 4 wraps that are missing-no way.

That is probably true Kav - but it's barely 24 hours since he put his offer up and already there is a 1 and a half page pile on.

No wonder people won't join in...

I'll give him another 24 hours minimum to get it taken, or change it up.

If he can't or won't, he will get the veto.

He can decide wether he lives or dies by his own actions. This particular pile on started within hours.

Or have I missed something this guy has done before?

Just so it's clear - I WILL veto if I have to , but not after one single day.

He's stated that he's not putting anything else up because he wants to sell them so I think that's what started the pile on.

I saw that - and he has time to have the book taken or change it.

Up to him.

Now just leave it please.

This does this thread no good at all - it actively dissuades people to join in - which is terrible, as it actually works - due to Swicks clever incorporation of the "veto".

It just doesn't have to be ignited within a day. If he's going to be a junk donkey - he will get the veto.

That should be enough comment.

:frustrated:

There is no reverting. I don't know how many times I have to repeat that.

If Beige feels that the offer is fair then he shouldn't use a veto. If no one takes the offer and the kid gets a strike, so be it. Beige is the only one giving something and the ONLY one with veto power. (shrug)

If people feel the kid is going to take an offering and sell it, maybe next time he attempts to claim something, he gets vetoed on principle.

Christ on a stick - it seems every time I give away a nice slab it all goes to hell in a handcart.

You can do whatever you deem appropriatw with the offer, but now explain me what your first sentence means. It doesn’t sound exaggeratedly good, or respectful.

It's English Claudio - as in British 'speak' . It's not your first language so understandably, you don't get it.

Perhaps PM next time, and I'll explain it to you. It's not as if we don't have one already going on.

:frustrated:

There is no reverting. I don't know how many times I have to repeat that.

If Beige feels that the offer is fair then he shouldn't use a veto. If no one takes the offer and the kid gets a strike, so be it. Beige is the only one giving something and the ONLY one with veto power. (shrug)

If people feel the kid is going to take an offering and sell it, maybe next time he attempts to claim something, he gets vetoed on principle.

chest_bump.gif

I think people are upset because you stated that you are unwilling to change up your offer and claimed that you are selling all of your other books. I'm guessing people feel that you could offer up some of those other books instead of selling as people offer things all the time that they could sell as well.

Additionally, I think there is concern that you were claiming TWD slab solely to sell it.

Finally, yes, if your offer is not claimed, you will receive a strike, including a suspension from the thread.

did I do something wrong? or is it because no one is taking my offer I'm getting a strike?

No strike has been given out yet. People seem to be pissed since you said you plan on selling all your remaining books which implies you are planning on selling the Walking Dead slab once you get it. Didn't you have the partial Batman book up in your offer up for sale recently? I'm trying hard to not read into your statement about selling all your other books so could you explain it more. Was the partial Batman 4 a keeper book you were planning on saving unlike all the rest of your books?

I type way to slow since Harvey already posted pretty much what I just said doh!

Edited by 1Cool